Dies when at idle in D or R after transmission rebuild

Had the transmission rebuilt. They changed the discs, rings, etc. Did not touch the valve housing. A day or two after the rebuild it began to shake and then die when idling in D or R. When moving it fine or in neutral or park.

Took it back but mechanic seemed stumped.

2015 Santa Fe 3.3 AWD

Had the transmission rebuilt. They changed the discs, rings, etc. Did not touch the valve housing. A day or two after the rebuild it began to shake and then die when idling in D or R. When moving it fine or in neutral or park.

2015 Santa Fe 3.3 AWD
I'm sure you already realize that's not a good enough answer from the shop that did the work.

And what does "When moving it fine or in neutral or park" mean? How is it moving in park?

2015 Santa Fe 3.3 AWD
What are RPM in P and N? What do the RPM drop to when shifted to D or R (before stalling, of course)?

This means that the torque converter is not slipping at idle like it should. Or the engine is out of tune badly enough that the normal drag of the torque converter is enough to cause it to stall.

Converter Clutch dragging was my first thought, But I'm not well versed in Hyundai transmissions.

Maybe try a new Idle sensor? Take it back to them or have them make partial payment for repair at another shop?

Back