DHCP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 600 in my ibm pc jr.

stepped upto a 2400baud on my ibm 386 sx 20mhz.
(it had a whopping 40MB hdd)

I had procomm plus and I remember the big weather maps were like 100KB so it would take... 6 or 7 min to load the big map.

and there was a huge difference between xmodem and zmodem and the block size.

I'd actually get about 248BPS with zmodem vs low 200's with xmodem.

after that I think I had netzero and a pentium 75mhz(that was slower than 60 and 66mhz)

3x25mhz bus speed vs 2x30/33

with a 14.4k modem.. that was a massive upgrade lol.

I'd agree with in principle to most of this thread.. its pretty much entirely correct except for some misuse of terms
using wrong names...

Which may seem like nitpicking but its important to use the right words for clarity.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
My first was a 2400 in my 8088, surfed the primitive "EDU" internet through a dial-in VAX connection using Procomm Plus

My first 1200 baud modem was hugely expensive, something like $600. My 110 baud excursions were actually on a 300 baud direct connect modem. No autodial, but fortunately I was able to avoid acoustic couplers. I was using a TRS-80 Model IV with Radio Shack's own 300 baud modem. I still have both laying in the next room somewhere.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
My first was a 2400 in my 8088, surfed the primitive "EDU" internet through a dial-in VAX connection using Procomm Plus

My first 1200 baud modem was hugely expensive, something like $600. My 110 baud excursions were actually on a 300 baud direct connect modem. No autodial, but fortunately I was able to avoid acoustic couplers. I was using a TRS-80 Model IV with Radio Shack's own 300 baud modem. I still have both laying in the next room somewhere.
wink.gif

Nice! I have mine in my basement
smile.gif
Still has Procomm Plus on it
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back