DG 951 Aqua Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few questions on this product:

--Can it be used on a clean dry car or only 'as you dry'?
--Can it be used on top of a dedicated sealant like Black Fire Crystal Seal, and then continue to use it occasionally as a maintainence product after washes?
--How does wash, clay (nanoskin), polish (DG 501), BF Crystal seal sealant, and then top with DD AW sound?

Thanks IA.

I'm on my 5th gallon of Aquawax and never had any issues applying over a dry car, or on top of any sealant I have used, including BFCS, opti-seal or UPGP. Darn near every car I detail gets a quick coat of Aquawax after whatever LSP I used that day.

1. Yes, either way. Try both and see which you prefer. I like it as a drying aid.

2 & 3. Yes, just wait for the prior sealant to cure which is about 24 hours. I wouldn't use it anymore than once every few weeks or it can start to cloud the paint. So you can over use it.

Free shipping and 10% off on Autogeek.net, today only. Maybe buy a gallon of it.

Like others have said, yes/yes/yes. It's a product I will always have on my shelf. I always use while drying, because that's by far the easiest method. Why make a mess to wipe up again, after you already dried by hand? To me, that's where it excels over other spray waxes -- where you can only use when dry. Do not let it dry in the sun before wiping. I did that once, and had to go over that panel with DG101 in order to clean it up.

Well, I cannot use it WHILE drying if I am going to use it as a topper after applying/curing the sealant, can I?
The DG product page does say you can use it on dry paint, and if I just apply it in the garage (shade), it won't make a mess?
Surely they won't recommend it if it can't be done on a dry car(?)

You might want to try CarPro Hydr02 instead. It should accomplish what you're looking for but with far less labor. Durability is longer as well.

Just bought a gallon of DG AW - 10% off and Free shipping
smile.gif

CarPro Hydro-thing is way complicated for me to use, and I want to avoid anything to do with spraying / hoses / pressure washers etc. Remember I am the ONR in garage guy
wink.gif

So BFCS + DG AW will be my next experiment. (after other essential steps, of course)

Last edited:
Used it both ways. In fact, the Duragloss no-rinse wash has it built in. So in effect, I am putting Aquawax on top of Aquawax.

It seems to take a while, six hours or so, before the shine really kicks in. I'm not sure if its a cure time issue or an exposure to UV thing.

No issues with clouding. This stuff goes on very thin, just a few spritzes per panel and seems to come right off. I don't use it between washes or anything like that.

I don't hold that its some kind of miracle product. Its easy and economical to use. It makes the finish very shiny for maybe a couple of weeks. Supposedly it has anti-UV properties and probably anti-static qualities as well. I figure that's all I can reasonably expect.

I know it can be used on a dry car, and is just as effective. The "mess" I was referring to, was the extra step needed to wipe again. After I'm done drying a car, I don't want to spray something wet on it again, and wipe the whole thing again. That's just me. Also, every time you touch your paint, you're taking a risk. My cars are big, and I'm > 40. So, if I can save a step, I will.
smile.gif
I use it during washes -- in between complete details, and it works great. It also smells great.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
You might want to try CarPro Hydr02 instead. It should accomplish what you're looking for but with far less labor. Durability is longer as well.

The instructions at Autogeek says to apply this product to a wax/sealant-free surface??
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back