Dexos and 0w20 in my new silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUAKER STATE® SAE 0W-20 SYNTHETIC BLEND MOTOR
OIL (SN/GF-5, dexos1™)
DESCRIPTION
QUAKER STATE® SAE 0W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (SN/GF-5, dexos1™) provides extra protection from a
combination of high quality base oils with an additive package designed to give you the performance you expect from
QUAKER STATE®. Whether you driving your vehicle in stop and go traffic or pulling heavy loads off-road, you expect
yourvehicle to work hard. But hard working vehicles experience stress that can break down oil and lead to friction related
wear.
QUAKER STATE® SAE 0W-20 SYNTHETIC BLEND MOTOR OIL is formulated to improve shear stability and deliver
additional oil performance compared to our conventional oils. The dexos1™ specification is recommended for service of all
GM gasoline powered vehicles. The SAE 0W-20 viscosity grade should only be used where recommended in your vehicles
owner’s manual. Specifically, the SAE 0W-20 is not back serviceable to older vehicles and should only be used when
recommended. However, the dexos1™ specification can be used in all GM vehicles and in fact is recommended for back
service of all GM vehicles, where the recommended viscosity grade is also met. Many older GM vehicles recommend SAE
5W-30 as their recommended viscosity grade.
It meets or exceeds the engine protection required by ILSAC GF-5 and is specially formulated to meet the GM
dexos1™specification.

Go to your local QS distributor.

Toto.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Is it safe running 0w20 in Texas heat towing and carrying. Heavy payloads might be too thin to protect.

I towed through desert heat pulling my Jeep/trailer running Napa 5W20 conventional. I'm sure the 0W20 would be fine if it meets the manufacturers spec.

Most any GM V8 truck we own runs the coolant, oil, and trans fluids all through the radiator. As long as the truck was towing its rated load or less and the cooling system was working properly there is no question that the oil would hold up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back