Dell Axim X51 pda

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wife got one of those from pharmacy school to use during her 4th yr rotations...with a 1GB SD card...
I haven't played much with it yet, but was wondering, if any of you guys who are familiar with pda's in general and/or this specific one have any feedback (liked/not liked etc)...

It's a Dell Axim X51
Thanks.

I have a Dell Axim X50v which is very similar except it has a different version of WindowsCE on it. I find that it is quite buggy and freezes up on me a lot. I don't really have any dislikes other than the lock-ups.

Other than that, I don't like how I can't just quit programs. Instead, they get put in the background while still running - like it's minimized. The other thing is battery life isn't that great. I can't keep it turned off for more than a couple weeks without the thing draining the battery.

Most of the time, I only use the PDA as a GPS navigation system.

Last edited:
I have a Palm based Clie PEG-SJ20. It is black and white display, excellent battery life, and rarely freezes or has problems. Great for organizing, addresses for work. I do use Word, and purchased Word to Go, since that is what is used for reports at work. Have a portable keyboard, and have a mini office in my briefcase. I just cannot remember all the info for work, so I religiously update the planner and address book. I have seen some doctors wip out their Palm based PDA's, that contain medical info, specifics on drugs, etcs. What I like about the Palm based one is the software is simple and intuitive, and unlike Windows based one is not buggy.

Quote:

...I don't like how I can't just quit programs. Instead, they get put in the background while still running - like it's minimized....

This was one of my pet peeves. You have to open something that's the equivalent of Task Manager on Windows to even close a program. Awful setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back