Deer rifle choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off anyone would have to be completely lacking in common sense, or else be flat out nuts to think an anti gun media outlet like CNBC would give ANY firearms company a fair and fact worthy piece of news concerning anything involving their product. Anymore than they would Trump. Their hate for both is well cemented in their bias. More importantly is the fact not one of the rifles documented in that obvious hit job could be made to malfunction in either a laboratory or a courtroom.

Also, Remington proved every rifle involved in these suits was either tampered with by people outside the factory. Or else was in poor operating condition due to rust, dirt, along with other signs of poor firearm maintenance. And most importantly, where was the number 1 rule of gun safety in all of these disasters? You never allow the muzzle of a weapon to be pointed at anything you do not wish to destroy..... EVER. It was obviously not followed in a single one of them, or no one would have ever been shot.

Yes, Remington has been forced to pay out millions of dollars to settle these cases of idiots shooting other innocent people with their guns. Just as the light aircraft industry has been forced to pay out millions of dollars to the families of idiot pilots who flew their airplanes out of fuel or into the ground, because of their obvious lack of ability or concern for safety for themselves, and those innocent passengers who were flying with them. And the same way drug companies in this country have been forced to pay out millions of dollars to families of people who jumped out of windows, or blew their brains out while taking medication they manufactured, and were improperly, or overly prescribed by idiot doctors.

Law suits involving sympathetic, snowflake juries who pay out outrageous sums of money to people who flat out do not deserve it, is hardly ever been a valid reason to determine the validity of any product being sold today. But sadly for many people who like to rely on their emotions instead of fact, it has become one.

ZeeOSix said:
And Remington's response to the CNBC piece is below. Reading various gun chat boards, there were members who posted that they did have Remington 700s go off unexpectedly as described in the CNBC piece - gun fires when safety lever moved off "safe", no finger on the trigger.

I never believed all that "going off on it's own" [censored] till it happened to me...........
No fingers near the trigger.

One hand was on the forearm and the other was moving the safety then BOOM !

I agree some of the settlements should have never been made, because proper gun handling would have avoided ALL injury. But that doesn't change the fact that Remington had defective triggers on 700's.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
I agree some of the settlements should have never been made, because proper gun handling would have avoided ALL injury. But that doesn't change the fact that Remington had defective triggers on 700's.

Then they should have replaced them. The same way they would any other part they suspected of being defective on any other product they own. Not blow the head off the hunting buddy sitting next to them, while sitting around the campfire. Or, as in one case where a huge multi million dollar sum was awarded, kill someone sitting in another room, while they were fooling around with a loaded weapon in a home.

The problem I have with all of this, is Remington should be liable for replacement of the potential defective part.... No more. Not have to pay out millions of dollars in order to compensate for someone's foolish firearm handling, that winds up getting someone killed. It's called Personal Responsibility. Or in this case, being rewarded millions of dollars for the total lack of it.

We did it to Remington with the Model 700.... Several times. We did it to R.J. Reynolds Tobacco with cigarettes..... Several times. And we did it to Eli Lilly with Prozac...... Several times. And it's a dangerous, slippery slope to play on. It's not like the Ford Pinto fuel tank, where several consumers were severely injured or killed in a manner they themselves had absolutely no control of.

We make conscious decisions in our lives to smoke cigarettes that we KNOW can and eventually will kill us. We continue to take drugs that don't agree with us without question. Even when we are warned about those exact symptoms. And yes, point guns at people we don't want to hurt or kill. But we go ahead and do it anyway. Then, when things don't work out so well due to our direct personal actions, and lack of good sense. We not only try to blame someone else, but in the process we try to cash in on a big payday. It's quickly becoming the American way. And it wasn't 50 years ago. And that's far more dangerous to all of us, than some idiot who can't practice proper and safe firearm handling with any weapon he or she picks up. And just happens to get proven wrong with a Remington 700, and gets to retire as a result.

I have a 700 Sendero in 264 Win Mag. Currently a closet queen until I get the trigger changed out.
The 308 Win Tikka T3s are a long action blocked for short cartridges and have a shortened magazine.
My daughter has a T3 camo SS in 6.5x55 (3.15 coal), Optilock, 4.5X14 VX3 LRX.
Sako A7s are a true short action in 308 for about the same price.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Cashing in IS the American way. Does not matter who the target, or what the reason.

That kind of attitude is what is destroying this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back