DEA Transmission Mount- Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my order of 4 Engine/Transmisssion Mounts from RockAuto today and upon inspection of all, the transmission mount that sits on top but under the battery for the 2006 Pontiac G6 2.4 looked like this. The other three looked OK but this looks like a crack in the rubber through the other side. Must be defective but notice the metal shaving on the housing.

Last edited:
+100, they are rubbish of the highest order. so is Anchor and the rest of them other than OE.
OE is expensive but you are better of biting the bullet once than mess around with putting those things in and out like a fiddlers elbow.

You install them, they go defect in a short time then you warranty them through Rock they send you more of the same trash and the cycle continues until you bin them and buy the real ones. I would send them back for a refund ASAP without installing them, just tell them you are not satisfied with the quality.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

That being said, DEA is junk.

+One kajillion!

After my wasted time and effort on some "Anchor" brand mounts, I've realized OEM is the ONLY way to go.
If you don't, excessive noise, vibration and harshness will be a new feature of your car
laugh.gif

I've had both Anchor and DEA parts come to me defective out of the box or with just shoddy workmanship. Anchor being the worst offender.

I never got much more than a year with aftermarket mounts before they failed. If it's made in India or China, stay clear.

I just had my transmission mount replaced, I never realized how important that mount is for many vibration issues all over the vehicle. Even clunky shifts disappear. Bushing and mounts are not an area to cut costs IMO, worth spending to get the best rubber. I bought DEA once for my Camry's dog bone mount. Lasted one month, disintegrated into dust. replaced with beck arney was perfect. But Moog or OEM would be the way to go IMO.

Is Beck/Arnley acceptable? Those guys usually source from whoever supplied the OE right?

Originally Posted By: nobb
Is Beck/Arnley acceptable? Those guys usually source from whoever supplied the OE right?

Yes, thats what I used for the Camry dogbone that turned a DEA to dust in a month. It was all good 100k later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back