[Cut open] PureONE PL10241

Status
Not open for further replies.
4k miles on this filter with M1 HM 5W30 in my 99 Taco V6.

a4241671-237-PL10241_open.jpg

a4241672-115-PL10241_filter.jpg

If those images don't work, try here.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Thanx for posting. Looks good. Seems like a little wave in the pleats is becoming standard across the board.

look like string support to be their, but I guest not.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Thanx for posting. Looks good. Seems like a little wave in the pleats is becoming standard across the board.

look like string support to be their, but I guest not.

All the recent P1's I've seen cut open do not have a string anymore.

Originally Posted By: johnsmellsalot
It doesn't look as good as a Wix.

wix doesn't filter as good as a purolator.

Actually the bypass on this is a coil spring design in the dome. A close up pic of this type bypass has been posted here before. It's not the flat 45 adaptor looking spring used on the smaller Puro filters like the 14610/14612.

However, unlike Wix that uses a coil detent spring to hold the media core, Puro uses a leaf spring as pictured here.

Seems like a lot of Purolator filters have wavy pleats lately. I think that the pleats are a bit too long for the distance between the end caps and goes wavy with use.

That filter was made on Jun 07, 2010 per date code on the dome.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Seems like a lot of Purolator filters have wavy pleats lately. I think that the pleats are a bit too long for the distance between the end caps and goes wavy with use.

That filter was made on Jun 07, 2010 per date code on the dome.

I agree with why but I don't think it's limited to Puros, we've seen Wix do the same thing. I don't think it's a big deal though.

Originally Posted By: kemo
johnsmellsalot said:
It doesn't look as good as a Wix.

wix doesn't filter as good as a purolator. [/quote
And how do you know this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back