cut open - Honda Filtech - 10K miles - factory fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blue stuff looks like some sort of assembly lube (I saw this in my liquid soap dispenser) or liquid gasket for the valve cover gasket. Either way it is not harmful.

I would contact American Honda.Try to get in touch with somebody in the engineering dept. I would want to know what this could be. Remember that engine has VERY small oil passages. If this is Gasket material, what happens if this were to build up in one of those passages?

Quote:

I would contact American Honda.Try to get in touch with somebody in the engineering dept. I would want to know what this could be. Remember that engine has VERY small oil passages. If this is Gasket material, what happens if this were to build up in one of those passages?

Better yet, I'm going to try to take a tour of the engine plant in Ohio; I think they'd appreciate (and maybe have an answer for) what I'm seeing. Barring that I'll get in touch with someone there via email (with pics and links to the threaded information found here).

I'm going to cut open the filter at my next change (20-30k oci) and compare. If the blue stuff remains, I'll explore the issue before my powertrain warranty is up at 36k.

The car has been a champ - UOA's look fantastic for 10k runs on dino, and no visible oil consumption on the dipstick. The particle count on my most recent oci (10-20k) was one of the lowest I've found on this forum, and my gas mileage is well above average; I could be worrying over nothing
dunno.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back