Cusco Sports Magnetic Oil Filter for the Chinese market

Came across these cool filters while browsing the online markets.

This model was made at Cusco's Chinese factory and even though the sports oil filter are sold worldwide, the ones made in China are only sold in China.

I found it interesting to see the Chinese factory produce filters for models that weren't ever sold by Cusco in the past like this one for my HR-V. The ones for European cars are surprising as aftermarket doesn't usually hold up. The BMW is on it's second engine so I don't have the guts to test it.

I'm not going to be shy with this one though - it's getting installed tomorrow and it'll get opened at the end of the OCI.

It was a pleasure to examine this compared to a Fram. Nice clean threads and you're not playing the lotto when it comes to discovering if the media is wired backed or not.

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1633.png

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1627.jpeg

00B-001-C_3.jpg

Last edited:
Some translated screenshots from the product listing with all the available models:

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 10.46.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 10.46.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.01.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.02.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.02.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.02.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.53 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.06 AM.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.03.20 AM.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Missing some data but they look neat with a built in magnet.

Their American customer service never emailed back.

Their Chinese customer service said no data is available.

Their Japanese customer politely said they could not share the test with customers.

I did find this in a questions and answers area of a product listing for it:

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 9.38.11 PM.png

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/products/cus-00b-001-c-cusco-sports-oil-filter-most-subaru-models

It looks like the product listing used to say 12 microns but didn't list the efficiency percentage back in 2018/2019. When I view the listing now, I don't see any information

There's been at least a couple members that place some magnet tabs on the base/tapping plate on their filter of choice. And, those magnets can be 'reused' on the next new filter of choice. 'Imo', seems if you're into that sort of thing (using magnets) that would be the way to go. Below is one example the described magnet tabs use.

Their American customer service never emailed back.

Their Chinese customer service said no data is available.

Their Japanese customer politely said they could not share the test with customers.

I did find this in a questions and answers area of a product listing for it:

View attachment 172211
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/products/cus-00b-001-c-cusco-sports-oil-filter-most-subaru-models

It looks like the product listing used to say 12 microns but didn't list the efficiency percentage back in 2018/2019. When I view the listing now, I don't see any information
No surprise there ha ha but It's good to keep an eye out for what's available in the market. Or for what we learn to potentially stay away from. I appreciate the post either way.

No surprise there ha ha but It's good to keep an eye out for what's available in the market. Or for what we learn to potentially stay away from. I appreciate the post either way.

I agree. The internet made globalization so easy but there are still cultural adjustments or expectations that have to take place.

I don't think anything better than OEM exists for my other car and we've seen failures of wired-backed fram ultras on here. Mann HU816X is 99% efficiency at 40 microns and it looks like Cusco's version might be better.

If it was sold in North America, I'd use it as cost is similar to a Mann but I'm not taking the chance of emailing their customer service in China to ask for compensation if ever it failed.

I agree. The internet made globalization so easy but there are still cultural adjustments or expectations that have to take place.

I don't think anything better than OEM exists for my other car and we've seen failures of wired-backed fram ultras on here. Mann HU816X is 99% efficiency at 40 microns and it looks like Cusco's version might be better.

If it was sold in North America, I'd use it as cost is similar to a Mann but I'm not taking the chance of emailing their customer service in China to ask for compensation if ever it failed.
I think you mean CARTRIDGE wire backed Fram Ultras-the only flaw I’ve ever seen on spin on wire backed Ultras is rust of the outer can due to thin cans & bad paint, or collapsed leaf springs due to rough handling during shipping (possible ADBV loss). ZERO media failures in a spin on that I’ve seen. Catridge oil filter=Hengst in my book!

Nice looking filter-how many Canadian $ did this cost? I’m seeing over $30 US plus shipping(?)

$15USD plus shipping which was only a dollar or two as it got sent with other stuff.

These weren’t supposed to be sold outside of China so they don’t compete with the $30 Japanese ones you found

$15 US is a good price. May I ask how you bought them, Alibaba, maybe?

Good guess. Bought it from T-Mall which is Alibaba's website for domestic purchases
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=526248413941&sku=1627207:28320&sku_id=3133004596720

Then had it sent to Canada using a shipping forwarder. CSSBuy is the one I used but there are many (Superbuy is the most popular one).

If anyone here is thinking of doing the same, feel free to PM as I'd be glad to assist.

The price should drop by a few dollars in a week or two as the "biggest sale of the year" is coming up.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 5.46.06 AM.jpg

Back