Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 (50") 23HP Kawasaki Zero Turn Mower

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Saturday I was moving a big field I own and I saw the neighbor on his new CC ZT.

He waved and was thrilled it seemed. I unload my mower and I'm mowing about 400 yards away in the bottom lands.

After an hour some idiot starts burning trash and all I can see is a huge cloud of billowing smoke and about 30 minutes later I am done mowing my field and as I near my truck I look over and I see a few neighbors standing around overlooking a fully burnt out new Cub Cadet.....

Nobody looked happy and I didn't ask. Funny this same thing happened to my brother years ago with a Cub Cadet garden tractor...

It must have went quick as nobody called the fire department. What caused it...no idea.

Saturday I was moving a big field I own and I saw the neighbor on his new CC ZT.

He waved and was thrilled it seemed. I unload my mower and I'm mowing about 400 yards away in the bottom lands.

After an hour some idiot starts burning trash and all I can see is a huge cloud of billowing smoke and about 30 minutes later I am done mowing my field and as I near my truck I look over and I see a few neighbors standing around overlooking a fully burnt out new Cub Cadet.....

Nobody looked happy and I didn't ask. Funny this same thing happened to my brother years ago with a Cub Cadet garden tractor...

It must have went quick as nobody called the fire department. What caused it...no idea.
The gas lines on my new John Deere were right up against the cooling fins at the bottom of the motor. Although they had it all tethered down another inch of hose would have prevented that. I wrapped some split loom over them.

Well it's the hottest summer ever! As I sit in a flannel shirt.
I know, it’s BLAZING in Indiana! Today’s supposed to have a high of…. Omigosh im melting… 74*F. In the middle of August.

It’s so hot I can barely touch my phone screen, in between bouts of it shutting off because of a temperature alarm! 🙄 Where’s Ilan Omar when we need to know it’s the hottest it’s been in 120,000 years??

Unless he did something dumb like drip gas on the exhaust when fueling it, I would look into contacting the CPSC, Cub Cadet and maybe he should contact the fire department if they want to make a report.

Likely electrical, or a mouse nest got into the engine cooling fins and caught fire. That happened to one of my customers. He had a mouse nest in his zero turn. He parked it in his shed after mowing, and came back to the plastic engine shroud smoking and the beginning of some small flames. He put it out luckily, and all he needed was a few replacement plastic pieces. If he shut the door to his shed after mowing, the whole shed would've burned down with the mower.

Years ago, I had a MTD turd mower 18 hp B&S
Beautifully engineered to hide evidence.
The carb leaked when you turned it off right onto the exhaust ..
Lovely. Of course, even Wheel Horse used that trick...

screwed.JPG

Back