CS5s and good mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on a fresh set of CS5s yesterday. About a month ago I went in for a 4W alignment when my CS4s started sounding like truck tires and I noticed the DS rear wearing incorrectly. Seems the back suspension was bent somehow and for $86, the place got it back to factory specs. (on a side note, i went to autobody place for the alignment)

Got the new tires on (CS4s were on for 55K) and it is like a lot of stress just melted away; life is looking better now as I roll effortlessly and silently along America's highways and biways. It is as if Miss Emily drank from the fountain of youth. If you have ageing and noisy tires and your budget allows, throw on a set of CS5s; it is cheaper and faster than therapy. I hope 40K from now they are as good as day#1.

-T

Last edited:
I just saw your sig. 371,000 miles on your Toyota. That's awesome!! I saw a Toyota Echo yesterday driving down the hwy. I was going 80mph and she flew past me!! They must've been really good cars. For some reason I can't remember them when they were new.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I just saw your sig. 371,000 miles on your Toyota. That's awesome!! I saw a Toyota Echo yesterday driving down the hwy. I was going 80mph and she flew past me!! They must've been really good cars. For some reason I can't remember them when they were new.

The first US model year was 2000. I got one out of the first batch the dealer got.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Almost 400K miles !!!!

Please post photo of your Echo.

^^This. I'd love to see both of yalls Echo's.

Which CS5 do you have ? Grand Touring ?

I had CS5 Ultra Touring W-rated on my '00 E430 for 2 weeks, it replaces the Kumho 4X.

The Kumho is very good in performance/handling category but the ride is a little hash(too firm ?) and a little noisy on rain grove highway in So Cal.

The CS5 Ultra has only 3xx miles, the ride is better than 4X(little softer ride) and quieter. Since it's still broken in, I didn't try to experience the performance/handling of the tire yet(max on-ramp speed ?). After about 500-600 miles I will try to see how fast it can be taken on 270 degree on-ramp.

So far I think CS5 Ultra Touring is good tire for not much money. Especially, with all rebates($195 total) I got when I bought it 2 weeks ago from America's Tire.

Here's a 2000 Echo for sale with 386,000 miles for $1695:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=44039&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&sellerType=p&sellerTypes=p&showcaseListingId=400460544&mmt=%5BTOYOTA%5BECHO%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=ECHO&sortBy=mileageDESC&makeCode1=TOYOTA&startYear=1981&showcaseOwnerId=57884373&searchRadius=0&listingId=409960361&Log=0

Quote:

Which CS5 do you have ? Grand Touring?

Grand Touring.

Working on pics of the echo; nothing much to look @ however; it doesn't look like a beater other than the huge dent in the hood.

[img:center][/img]

Best I could do with a computer webcam.

Needless to say, it will be hard ever breaking away from buying another toyota when this one is sent to pasture.

The only engine related issue I have had is 1 bad coil earlier this year. Probably seen 3 washings and 1 wax.

Last edited:
Cooper is doing very well lately. About 10-15 years ago they didn't have many good tires to choose from, but starting with CS4 their quality seems to improve a lot. The vast majority of drivers who have Cooper tires the last 8-10 years are very happy their purchases.

I didn't think about Cooper when I was in market for replacement tires for many years, but reading many satisfy reviews on this forum changed my mind.

Same can be said about General Tires, they are much better now than decade ago. Both brands have good budget tires for people who don't want to shell out big buck for Micheline, Bridgestone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back