Creeper Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to replace my Walmart purchased creeper. It was the $25 special of course. Any recommendations? Are the 'Bone' ones any good? I can maybe stretch my budget to around $100 +/-

Thanks.

I have a craftsman creeper and it sucks. I can barely get under my 3/4 ton pickup. Then again if the side steps weren't their it would be easier.

What works best and fits the budget is a piece of glossy cardboard, like from a big box with a picture on it. Easy to slide on it, free or virtually free, super thin, etc. I've never seen the need for a creeper for DIY. Reducing friction against the asphalt is important, but beyond that, it's all in the core muscles.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
What works best and fits the budget is a piece of glossy cardboard, like from a big box with a picture on it. Easy to slide on it, free or virtually free, super thin, etc. I've never seen the need for a creeper for DIY. Reducing friction against the asphalt is important, but beyond that, it's all in the core muscles.

If the floor or ground is cold use a one inch thick piece of Styrofoam insulation under the cardboard. Keeps your butt from getting cold!

Last edited:
I have The Bone at my workplace and I love it. It sits very low. The large wheels are what I love most. Unlike cheap creepers, the bone will roll over cracks and small pebbles/debris on the floor.

Once in a while those wheel "humps" near your head get in your way if you try to reach over your shoulder.

They have a great warranty and I have heard stories of them sending people new wheel sets at the blink of an eye. Probably the last one you will ever buy. See if you can find one to try.

So good you had to post it twice
wink.gif

My recommendation for a creeper is John Wayne Gasey - can't get much more creepy that that.

I really like the Lisle plastic style creepers. I have a snap-on branded one and my co-worker has two matco ones. They take a beating and I love mine. We can throw large class 8 truck clutches on them and roll it around without an issue. I also like them because it's one big piece, so your shirt doesn't get caught in the casters.

Originally Posted By: vaboom123
I really like the Lisle plastic style creepers. I have a snap-on branded one and my co-worker has two matco ones. They take a beating and I love mine. We can throw large class 8 truck clutches on them and roll it around without an issue. I also like them because it's one big piece, so your shirt doesn't get caught in the casters.

Agreed. Lisle Jeepers Creeper. I ditched a much more expensive one from the tool truck in favor of a Jeepers Creeper. Light, tough and comfortable.

My piece of cardboard does triple duty. 1) as a creeper, 2) insulator from the cold concrete, 3) big drip pan - I sprayed one side with all the half-filled cans of spray paint I've accumulated over the years. Water and oil resistant. Keeps the drips off the floor when changing fluids.

Back to creepers.....get one with those bent arm, angled wheel casters. Hard to describe, but you'll know them when you see 'em.

Here: http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1/page_23419_750/lisle_99702_creeper_wheel_3__steel.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back