Couldn't find anything.... Peak motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our shipment yesterday at Autozone, we had a full selection of Peak-branded motor oil. Yep, the anti-freeze folks. Anybody know anything about this stuff? It's conventional. We don't have any pricing info on it yet, so it sits in the back room 'til we make space for it on the shelf. I'd guess it's going to take place of the Havoline that's being phased out.

Can you tell off the cases or off the bottom of the jugs who is bottling it for Old World? That might shed some light on it or at least start some speculation about it.

I have searched for Peak. I've gotten no results pertaining to the motor oil. Was it under the oil analysis forum?

Here's a press release-

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/news/story.php?story_id=10146

"PEAK Motor Oil will be available at more than 4,000 AutoZone locations across the country, beginning in December, with a broad expansion to other retail outlets expected next year."

It will be very interesting to see what it will be priced at. I honestly have no clue as of yet, because we haven't gotten any official word.

Also, I looked on the bottle, but the only thing I saw was that it is distributed by Old World.

Last edited:
Thanks! Wish I could get my hands on a quart for a VOA, but they do have the info on their site, even if it isn't the greatest results!

Well, I put it out on the floor tonight. We're running a special if you buy 5 quarts of the Peak, you get a gallon of Valucraft -20 WW fluid for free. Kind of an odd pairing, if you ask me.

It's priced at $2.49/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back