Could I just stop getting rear ended? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
I had to smile at the title of your post. Very childish!
It was sarcasm

I meant that I was being childish
Oh good lol.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nick,

Was she cute ?
Ha, no not really. Not worth dating anyways, clearly a bit of an idiot.

Ha, no not really. Not worth dating anyways, clearly a bit of an idiot.

She was most likely distracted. Here are some things I have associated with distracted drivers through insurance dealings with them:

-They are usually self centered
-They have no idea what is going on in life
-They are the type you would go on a date with and they would be glued to their phone
-They believe nothing they do is wrong, and won't accept responsibility. ever.
-They are usually within the age range of 15 (or legal permit age) to 55
-They can be both male and female
-They usually don't drive manual transmissions
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: JC1
Glad to hear you are ok. Install a trailer hitch with a large ball that sticks out in the rear as far as it can. That should inflict maximum damage on others and minimize your damage.

My poor vise.
frown.gif

That legal? Certainly wouldn't be here, but everything's illegal here. Saves them having to think.

UK I dunno. Maybe a job for the Vice Squad.

It must be. The officer (who also had some "rear-ending" and "vice squad" comments) never took issue with it, did not write me a citation, and State Farm immediately accepted liability for it. I'm not having to go through my insurance at all. State Farm just told me to roll on in and cut me a check.

In the UK someone would steal it unless it was very well secured, which might be another reason I can't remember seeing one mounted on a hitch there. A good vice is a fairly expensive item (or habit.)

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

grin.gif

[off-topic]
My SIL, managed to drive with police lights-on behind her for 1/2 mile and 2 stops and 4 speed bumps...
...'99 Toyota Celica stick-shift
when she parked in my driveway, the PO was clearly [censored]-off
she was saved by the instant "tears-on" technique....(...and our HOA being usually retirees or families)
[/off-topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: pandus13

grin.gif

[off-topic]
My SIL, managed to drive with police lights-on behind her for 1/2 mile and 2 stops and 4 speed bumps...
she was saved by the instant "tears-on" technique....(...and our HOA being usually retirees or families)
[/off-topic]

It's scary to know people that clueless exist on the roads.

Local PD car stops for light. PD car following rear-ends 1st Police car. Haven't heard any excuses yet. CHP is investigating.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Local PD car stops for light. PD car following rear-ends 1st Police car. Haven't heard any excuses yet. CHP is investigating.

I was in the car with my mother (she was driving) a few years ago. We were stopped in a parking lot, blinker on, waiting to turn onto a busy road. It was after school let out, so we had been stopped there a minute or so at least. We were hit from behind by a Police Officer leaving the same parking lot. He had dropped his clipboard and bent down to pick it up. Even Police get distracted.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

grin.gif

[off-topic]
[/off-topic]

It's scary to know people that clueless exist on the roads.

....She was moving from FL to MA and was too hot/too inconvenienced by the safety belt, so..., she took it off...she ricochet from the back wheels of a semi across 3 lines into the divider wall... car totaled. she lived with a few scratches... she did hear a couple of earful from me....
what can i say...it seems, luck favors the feeble minds/not in this world....

Nick1994,
sorry for derailing your thread...

sorry for your newish car....

that "zomby response unit" mazda CX5 i saw some years ago with bars front and back looks more and more promising....

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
State Farm covers all OEM parts so im not worried.

I thought State Farm uses refurbished OEM parts or aftermarket parts.

https://www.statefarm.com/claims/resources/auto/replacement-parts-promises
My dad's done collision repair for 30 years, and I've helped him in the body shop off and on. It has been his experience State Farm pays the best for quality work and buys OEM parts. They paid for all OEM parts on my step mom's 6 year old Pontiac in 2015 when she took the front of the car off in an at fault accident.

I've had trouble though today, they want to put a used bumper on my car and can't guarantee if the used bumper will be OEM or aftermarket (the car it would come off of could have been rear ended in the past and an aftermarket bumper put on. I've called countless times trying to fight it without much luck. I talked to the body shop and they said there's only 1 used rear bumper for my car in the entire state, and it's overpriced. He's ordering a new OEM one and ordering a supplement on the claim.

Without the supplement for the OEM bumper, the estimate is currently at $2,080.

I looked in my left rear view mirror and saw a silver Honda Accord coming up fast a ways back. It then started smoking as she slammed on the brakes and hit the rear of a silver Cadillac SRX.

Obligatory woman driver comment.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I looked in my left rear view mirror and saw a silver Honda Accord coming up fast a ways back. It then started smoking as she slammed on the brakes and hit the rear of a silver Cadillac SRX.

Obligatory woman driver comment.
Are you saying that I made the Obligatory woman driver comment?

This accident had nothing to do with her gender.

Got my car back today, looks fantastic, they used all new OEM parts. The ending total was $2,342. There was only one used bumper in the entire state and the body shop said it would have cost more to repaint the used bumper than to buy a new one so it was a no brainer.

hsm8vp.jpg

Hey Nick, be careful for your neck and lower back. I got rear ended and my lower back ached for a while. Whiplash effects might not manifest themselves until sometime after the incident. Best wishes.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Hey Nick, be careful for your neck and lower back. I got rear ended and my lower back ached for a while. Whiplash effects might not manifest themselves until sometime after the incident. Best wishes.
Thanks. I've already got a bad back, and am doing physical therapy currently for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back