Could Auto RX have stopped lifter noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

I am about 600 miles into Auto RX treatment in a Hyundai Accent with 136,000 miles. The car had lifter chatter when it was in a pull before the treatment.Now there is no rattle in the lifters at all.Could it be the Auto RX?

If it cleaned out something that was causing the noise, then yes it did. A lot of problems in engines are caused by gunk that contaminates everything it touches. Auto-Rx is safer than harsh solvent flushes for you and your engine.

I also notice some particles when I un-screw the oil cap and look into valve cover.About 725 miles into the treatment now.

Follow the application and after your done with final rinse mode. Post

ps. I think you will find Auto-Rx uses who had lifter noises
don't anymore. Think you would really benefit by going back to
www.auto-rx.com and using home page sesrch engine.

You sound like you're describing spark knock. Auto-Rx could effect that in a second or third order kinda way. It could clean up the pistons (the crankcase side) and allow the oil to cool them more effectively. It could allow rings to seal better, reducing blow-by that, if too high in oil vapor content, can cause some knocking.

If nothing else was done to the engine ..then it points to Auto-Rx as the contributing element to the elimination of the condition
dunno.gif

Now for true HLA ticks ...Auto-Rx was the ONLY product to cure my old 3.0 Mitsubishi. MMO, kerosene in a can motor flushes, thin oil ..thick oil ...Seafoam ....motor medic ..you name it ..nada ..zip. I would get the strangest cyclical lifter noise that would continue until the oil got warm ..but it wasn't a static lifter tap. It would cycle from one ..to all ..recede ..to one ..progress to all ..and so on until the oil was fluid enough. The rinse phase produced radically different and new ticks ..but they all receded in time. I was then left with very slight HLA noise at idle with 5w-20 oil. This is with 170+ on the HLAs. Not noisy per se~ ..nothing that any owner of a new engine may hear if idle visc is a tad too low. Keep in mind that the 3.0 was never spec'd for 20 weight oil.

This forever settled any debate in my mind about Auto-Rx. It may not cure the common cold ..but in my case, it cracked a decade old nut that defied remedy for me.
dunno.gif
A side benefit (greatly appreciated) was the near elimination of the "fogger syndrome" that plagues the older Mitsubishi engine. Self esteem advanced a notch or two when driving where frequent stops and idling were involved.

Got rid of 99% of my lifter noise in an old 67 galaxie.. Have it now for a few seconds at startup, then zip after auto-rx.

Also seems to have a little more power and better idling with the air cond running.Now I need to decide if i should go for a second treatment and what oil I should use after I'm done.Decisons,decisions.Thanks .

My lifter noise got worse before it got better using AutoRX. Just forewarning you in case you have a similar situation. Granted this was on a Harley Davidson pushrod engine, but the lifter noise got REALLY loud about halfway through the cleaning phase. Like to the point that I thought I broke something. Even the wife got really wide eyed and said; "that's not a good noise". It only did that once, but after that it quieted down and it has been quiet ever since.

Quote:

You sound like you're describing spark knock. Auto-Rx could effect that in a second or third order kinda way. It could clean up the pistons (the crankcase side) and allow the oil to cool them more effectively. It could allow rings to seal better, reducing blow-by that, if too high in oil vapor content, can cause some knocking.

If nothing else was done to the engine ..then it points to Auto-Rx as the contributing element to the elimination of the condition
dunno.gif

Now for true HLA ticks ...Auto-Rx was the ONLY product to cure my old 3.0 Mitsubishi. MMO, kerosene in a can motor flushes, thin oil ..thick oil ...Seafoam ....motor medic ..you name it ..nada ..zip. I would get the strangest cyclical lifter noise that would continue until the oil got warm ..but it wasn't a static lifter tap. It would cycle from one ..to all ..recede ..to one ..progress to all ..and so on until the oil was fluid enough. The rinse phase produced radically different and new ticks ..but they all receded in time. I was then left with very slight HLA noise at idle with 5w-20 oil. This is with 170+ on the HLAs. Not noisy per se~ ..nothing that any owner of a new engine may hear if idle visc is a tad too low. Keep in mind that the 3.0 was never spec'd for 20 weight oil.

This forever settled any debate in my mind about Auto-Rx. It may not cure the common cold ..but in my case, it cracked a decade old nut that defied remedy for me.
dunno.gif
A side benefit (greatly appreciated) was the near elimination of the "fogger syndrome" that plagues the older Mitsubishi engine. Self esteem advanced a notch or two when driving where frequent stops and idling were involved.

i'm getting the same positive results with my 1992's HLA's....i just hope it stays away!
i thought it was the oil splash pan hitting the lifter arm, and it might have been part of it....but it's pretty quiet now.

I have used Auto-RX on three different vehicles with lifter noise over the past five years. On two of my vehicles (both GM DOHC 4 cylinder engines) the lifter noise disappeared almost instantly; on a 4.3l GM Vortec with pushrods, I am currently approximately 500 miles into the initial cleaning phase on a 67K mile engine and the noise seems to be slightly louder.

I believe that this product works as advertised, and I am guessing that my lifter noise will disappear once the cleaning and rinsing phase has been completed. If not, I will certainly post my comments in this Forum to that effect.

I hope this helps!!

I bought a Festiva with around 225,000 miles on it. Had one collapsed HLA(hydraulic lash adjuster) and all the rest were making a major racket. It was so bad the PO thought it needed a rebuild.

It had had 3k Castrol GTX oil changes it's entire life. One owner car with EVERY service record. I told him, before I bought it that I felt it was fine and just needed an Auto-Rx application.

Put some Auto-Rx in. Most of the HLAs were quiet after a short while, and the collapsed one came back to life a while later. After two treatments, people simply could not believe that it had that many miles on it, it was quiet and smooth. Actually passes 2 Houston emmission's inspections, though barely(high nox), with the original cat.

One of the HLAs(probably the one that had collapsed earlier) failed about 15k later, and an AutoRx application did not bring it back. I went ahead and replaced it and all was fine.

I sold it to a nephew, and he say's it is still running like a top at 250k.

So yes, AutoRx can quiet lifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back