Costco wipers are beam style now

And they come in paper packaging. I've been ordering wiper blades on Amazon that come with a pair in a cardboard box.

Wish that other retailers (looking at you NAPA) can do the same.

The older Goodyear-branded Costco wipers were beam blades. I never bought any of the later hybrid versions.

The subsequent switch to Michelin branded wipers brought more hybrid blades; I don't think they've ever been the beam type, until now?

Are the new beam blades Michelin-branded?

The older Goodyear-branded Costco wipers were beam blades. I never bought any of the later hybrid versions.

The subsequent switch to Michelin branded wipers brought more hybrid blades; I don't think they've ever been the beam type, until now?

yep michelin branded. have not seen the good year ones in a while. i like beam also because most newer cars come with them from the factory .

I like how tire brands are getting into wiper blades. I have a set of Continental ClearContact beam style wiper blades on a Freightliner M2 truck and by far holds up way better than Trico conventional style blades and some beam style blades.

Was gonna pick up a handful of 22"s since it was on sale but it seems like everyone drives GM GMT800 trucks and Freightliner M2-106's.

I just cant believe how much wiper blades cost now...Getting a pair of beam type run from 40 to 50 bucks...and you cannot even change the wiper element at all...use them and throw rgem away. Over the years on my Honda I have used OEM Honda wiper inserts and they work great.. Even on the newer beam type you can still change the inserts...no need to get a whole new blade...and the inserts are coated with graphite so they wipe real smooth with no chatter..

We were about 75% on the ones we bought last spring. Both for my Mazda3 have been fine. One for the Rav4 just didn't work well. Ended up replacing it after the first storm. oilBabe didn't trust it, so I had to get something a Wal*Mart

She called me when she got to work the first rainy day and said the driver's side was no bueno. Drove there and replaced it before she had to go anywhere else.

Still, saved a fair bit of money, even that way.

I don't know if was one bad blade or that blade doesn't work well on the Rav4. Probably give it another go and keep the package, old blade, etc for a quick swap, etc.

Will look into it at my Costco see if I can source some for our odyssey beam style. Hybrids seem to do ok on that platform

On our VW I plunk down the dealer price

I like how tire brands are getting into wiper blades. I have a set of Continental ClearContact beam style wiper blades on a Freightliner M2 truck and by far holds up way better than Trico conventional style blades and some beam style blades.

Was gonna pick up a handful of 22"s since it was on sale but it seems like everyone drives GM GMT800 trucks and Freightliner M2-106's.

They just getting some extra cash on the side by renting their names out.

Goodyear wipers are made by Saver Auto Products. Michelin wipers are made by Pylon.

Was at Costco today and took a look at the wipers. "Fabricado en México"

I had no issues withe the Goodyear beam blades, or in beams in general, so I'll give them a try next time. There's usually a sale before winter.

Hard to beat even not on sale, given how crazy prices have become for some strips of stamped metal, extruded rubber, and a molded plastic clip.

I have never had good luck with wipers from Costco, i.e. service interval seems to be short even relative to the price paid. I now just take my beating and go with Bosch Icon.

Back