Conklin Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person I work with says he uses conklin motor oil. I really do not know much about this product. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks Dave

My dad was a sales distributor, and we ran it in everything for years. It's a very good oil with high moly count. It started to get too costly with the price of high shipping. His cost was around $6/qt -- which is high for a "blend". If he picks it up in person, it's $5-something/qt. He ran it for well over 100k mi in his 2.7 Intrepid. No sludging whatsoever.

Whoops I think they listed prices in our first links..Prices are a no no but FYI this is listed at around 10 bucks a quart for something similar in cost and composition to Schaeffers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Whoops I think they listed prices in our first links..Prices are a no no but FYI this is listed at around 10 bucks a quart for something similar in cost and composition to Schaeffers.

This is no where near our cost....I won't comment on composition.

Originally Posted By: salesrep

....I won't comment on composition.

What are you trying to say here? Convoy is a very high quality oil. I've been running it for extended OCIs since the early 90's.

I have been using and selling Conklin products for 30 years. My current 1997 Ford Ranger has 314,000 miles on it. FWIW I have had great success with them and like many companies there are a variety of ways to buy and the price differs with each.

Well, I will try anything once for the cause, or I should say 3 times. I purchased a case of their 5W-20 and will be doing three oil changes with it. After the first run I will do a UOA on the 2nd and 3rd. I might even do a VOA on this to see what it looks like. I will be using this in my wife's Honda Element. I installed the first round on Friday with an Amsoil EaO filter and will run it 6K. We will see.

It cost me $5.85 per quart by the case. The rep delivered it to me so there was no shipping charges. I did have to pay tax, so that would raise the price by 5.5%

Still a little steep for a blend, but lets see what's in it. It's for the cause.

Last edited:
my dad used it back in the 1970s and sweared by it, gr8 stuff i don't know where to find it even if they still make it. good luck let me know if you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back