Coffee - Your Current Brew

Tim Hortons was one of the only K-Cups I could ever drink...it and SF Bay Coffee Company Fog Chaser. If I see TH whole bean somewhere, I'm all in.
My palette likes the roast profile on the medium. Not everyone will like it. It has made me like French Press again. Smoooth!

Right now I'm drinking the med-dark TH that is good. It tastes a bit burnt to me. So I watered it down a touch, it helped. The medium works well in both the Technivorm and the French Press.

My palette likes the roast profile on the medium. Not everyone will like it. It has made me like French Press again. Smoooth!

Right now I'm drinking the med-dark TH that is good. It tastes a bit burnt to me. So I watered it down a touch, it helped. The medium works well in both the Technivorm and the French Press.
So compare to the Kona? Honest, because that is something we both know.

@Pablo
In the French Press the TH is as good as the Kona but in a different classification. The Kona was better in the Technivorm. The high brewing temp seemed better for the Kona. Just had more flavors come to the front than when FP'ed. The Kona had a Euro profile kinda like Gevalia in the French Press.

I'm only brewing in the Technivorm Moccamaster...medium-coarse grind from a Baratza Encore set to 20/21. Dark roast snd medium-dark roasts as a rule. Just finished a bag of SF Bay Coffee Company French Roast and cracked open a bag of Peet's Major Dickasons this AM.

Well, delivered as promised.
This machine is awesome. Still dialing it in but after about the 5th shot... excellent espresso with the push of a button. Looks brand new and still had the blue film on the drip tray.
Super stoked.View attachment 216008
We use to have one at an office I used to work at, it's a nice machine except like most super automatics, the brew temperature used to be a little low. We would use an electric kettle and pour boiling water into our demitasse cups for a few minutes first. I recommend espresso roasts by Lavazza.

IMG_7622.jpeg

Lowered the amount of Tim Horton's med-dark fine pre ground coffee to 52 grams for 45 oz of water in the Technivorm. Got rid of the slight amount of burnt taste. Still like the medium roast that I grind better, quite a bit better.

Lowered the amount of Tim Horton's med-dark fine pre ground coffee to 52 grams for 45 oz of water in the Technivorm. Got rid of the slight amount of burnt taste. Still like the medium roast that I grind better, quite a bit better.
Where do you buy the TH whole bean?

Just opened a container of Maxwell house that I got from Costco. It's past its expiration date but I don't care. I spent money on it and don't want to waste it. I just add a little cinnamon during the brewing process.

Also having the Toasted Marshmallow Mocha and Caramel Apple Pie k-cups once in a while.

Back