Coast Guard announces 3 p.m. ET press conference following 'debris field' discovery for missing submarine

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and their families, etc? Outside of committing certain crimes and the like, I feel sympathy for anyone getting grievously injured or dying while pursuing something exciting. Now would I have gone on that vehicle???? No... But cars, airplanes, motorcycles, boats, mountainbiking....there are many 'questionable things' to do for fun that may kill you, rich or poor.
Flying on plane, mountain biking, being on a boat, motorcycle are nowhere near being on a homemade submersible with a $250,000 ticket price. They died, whoop de do.

A good friend of mine is a retired elevator mechanic. After hearing his stories about how escalators work and what they do to the mechanics when things go wrong, I won't go on one unless I absolutely have to.
I won't either. I work with industrial controls. Someone I worked with went to work for someone that made some of the elevator controls. We wouldn't put that crap on a dogfood packaging line. Absolute cheapest stuff they can get.

I won't either. I work with industrial controls. Someone I worked with went to work for someone that made some of the elevator controls. We wouldn't put that crap on a dogfood packaging line. Absolute cheapest stuff they can get.
Any work on elevators or escalators would have the power locked off and tagged by any competent repair company.
I once hauled out the body of an individual who forced his way into a banks elevator shaft from an exterior alley entrance and was crushed btwn the concrete pilings and the counter weights when someone on an upper floor pushed the button to call the elevator to the 15th floor. The fire station I was captain of got the call from a frantic elevator worker who discovered the mess in the basement pit during routine maintenance scheduled the next morning.
He was a pretty large guy and I had to remove him in two separate body bags which ironically helped cut the weight involved in half.

Yes, I agree since they used "Debris Field" The sub at 21 feet long, I dont know how big the "field" can be but they wouldnt use the word debris if it was sitting at the bottom in one piece.
5” of carbon fiber in layers would equal just a few Wix cut opens😷

I get a little nervous just going in an elevator.
A few of NYC's 'special duty' police -the blokes who rig nets for jumpers, rappel down buildings and snipe- were asked what the most dangerous thing people deal with regularly is.
"Elevators" they all said instantly and in unison.

A few of NYC's 'special duty' police -the blokes who rig nets for jumpers, rappel down buildings and snipe- were asked what the most dangerous thing people deal with regularly is.
"Elevators" they all said instantly and in unison.
I use to work in construction, the regulations around elevators is legit but still dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back