Closest to Ford orange coolant

Without going Motorcraft, what is the closest / most chemically similar or exactly the same as Ford orange coolant, pre-diluted, available at walmart, least expensive option without going yellow, thanks.

Not quite. Dexcool turns pink when it's introduced to water.
when introduced it was exclusively texaco xlc which is orange.

suppliers change and the tint is different but it’s all the same stuff. gm rolled it out in 95, ford started in 98-99

Ford Motorcraft Orange is Dexcool/Deathcool, but even Ford is superseding that with yellow, which is the Prestone yellow bottle. The Prestone Cor-Guard 10-year coolant is Motorcraft Yellow at half the price.

If you still want orange, then Walmart brand Dexcool is probably the cheapest, unless someone else has theirs on sale/rebate.

Why don't you want to use the new yellow stuff that supersedes orange? It won't change the color of the orange stuff already in there, if that's what you're worried about :unsure:

This doesn't make sense, since you use 50% water anyway, and the 50/50 premix Dexcools are still orange.

I have had both GM Dmax (using Dexcool) and Ford Taurus and Fusion using the orange Ford coolant, and NEVER have I experienced it turning "pink" when mixed with water. The concentrate will go from a dark orange to a lighter shade of orange.

What is the basis for your claim? I find it unlikely.

I have had both GM Dmax (using Dexcool) and Ford Taurus and Fusion using the orange Ford coolant, and NEVER have I experienced it turning "pink" when mixed with water. The concentrate will go from a dark orange to a lighter shade of orange.

What is the basis for your claim? I find it unlikely.

Maybe when the light shines through the translucent white plastic tank, it makes the coolant appear pink. I never understood it myself.

I was just at Walmart and they had Prestone Dexcool Concentrate for $15.50 a jug . And Peak Dexcool 50/50 for $18.50 . Guess what one I'd buy ?

Here you go.

7E414D48-5241-4D5C-A4FF-8A5657BE5713.jpg

Back