Cleaning up Redline's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon: I just re-read your reply and now your saying its orangy. You got Dex Cool in that car. No wonder its a mess.
You never said that. Get that [censored] out of there asap and move over to Green.

Originally Posted By: Raybo
Falcon: I just re-read your reply and now your saying its orangy. You got Dex Cool in that car. No wonder its a mess.
You never said that. Get that [censored] out of there asap and move over to Green.

He should be running G05.

Been running WW in multiple BMW's, including my 328Ci Track Toy, 3 M3's in various states of modification, an E39 M5, and a Z4 M Coupe, for the better part of a decade now, with AF:H2O ratios ranging from 40:60 to 0:100, and not a problem, ever... Nor have I had issues in Porsche Cayman R (modified, Track car), Porsche 930 "Slant-Nose" Turbo with a fully built motor (630RWHP & 535RWTQ), a '93 RX-7 Twin-Turbo, an '05 WRX STi, a '11 Golf R (making as much power as can be expected without an engine build-up), '12 Focus ST, '06 BMW X5 4.8Si, '09 335i Coupe (476RWHP 483RWTQ), a Lotus Exige S240, and so forth...

Not a single incidence of cooling system issues, and all but the X5 have seen at least a half-dozen track/autocross days...

IN MY OPINION, it is likely incompatible with certain types of antifreeze and not with others...

I also don't get the logic of swapping out a 192 thermostat for a 180. Seems like the car would literally never get up to normal operating temp.

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
I also don't get the logic of swapping out a 192 thermostat for a 180. Seems like the car would literally never get up to normal operating temp.

Running a 180 is still hot enough to allow the ECM to go into closed loop on a Ford, but cold enough that it doesn't retard as much timing.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: AlienBug

Running a 180 is still hot enough to allow the ECM to go into closed loop on a Ford, but cold enough that it doesn't retard as much timing.

Same story on the Jeep, although I haven't had pinging issues, so unlike most people who mod these, I kept the 195* to help keep the oil warmer in the winter and have better heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back