Cleaning auto carpets ...

I’ve had really good luck with Tuff Stuff for cleaning carpets and seats. Some of the stains were a couple days old by the time I went over them.

I clean my car's floor mats in the bath tub. I get one wet and then let it drain for a bit. I then lay it flat in the bath tub and put some Woolite on it. Then I rub the Woolite into the mat, concentrating on any stains. I then use the side of my hand to force the water+Woolite out of the mat. I use the shower to rinse, and rinse and rinse. I put the mat over the towel bar to let it drain. I spin the mat in the washer to get most of the water out of the mat. The last step is drying the mat in the dryer on the lowest heat setting for about 20 minutes.

... maybe a spray bottle of cleaner and water, brush, and super suck vacuum at car wash beats portable carpet cleaning machine?

I have about a half dozen car carpets I need to deeply clean. Earlier this morning I searched Amazon for different portable carpet cleaning machines, and looking at the reviews in depth, all had like complaints about the portable machines. Hose to short, suction not so good, suction head to large for automotive carpet cleaning, etc.

Came to think, why not just buy cleaner in bulk and put in a spray bottle, have distilled water in a spray bottle, various scrub brushes, and do the carpet cleaning at a car wash that offers free vacuum with wash purchase? Some of these places have monster suction vacuums, designed for auto carpet maneuvering. Might be able to remove dirty water better with the car wash vacuums than portable carpet cleaners?
Way overthinking this......Everyone has a "shop Vac" of some brand name or another. Some call them WET/DRY vac. Get a cheap 1 or 2 gallon weed spayer, lable it "SOAP ONLY" as you do not want to mix it up with your poison sprayers, and then wet the carpet with it, then suck out the dirty water, and repeat until clean. Then fill with fresh warm water and repeat to get your soap solution out.

Even if the detergent says it is no rinse, trust me you will want to rinse it out.

1) Vacuum loose dirt

2) Spray cleaner of choice, I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser

81K4PH5q73L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

3) Go over area with drill brush

71LCk2LGv2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4) Vacuum again

5) Air dry

Repeat as necessary.

If you want a top notch spot carpet cleaner look for one by Sandia. I have one and it's excellent but expensive. The vacuum is much more powerful and it's all about extracting the dirty water. And the spraying of water or solution is done at a higher pressure.

You may still need to scrub with a brush with detergent and water but to rinse and extract the dirty water use a Sandia.

Reactions: GON
I use a wet/dry ridgid vacuum and our local SilverStar car washes have automatic mat washers. You put the floor mats in the machine and it slowly pulls them through the top and out the bottom. They come out perfect. They have brushes that spin around on the mat but you can't see them because the are enclosed in a box. Always clean the floor carpeting in the car because if you remove it the carpet will shrink.

Still a carpet cleaner after42years. Best way is to use tide and water and brush clean mats then most important is RINSE mats over a fence with a hose with a nozele for pressure wash out ALL of the soap. You can NOT wash it out on the driveway it won't clean. simple and easy but use a fence to rinse . jz

If you're doing your carpet shampooing at a car wash, a Shop Vac will pay for itself pretty quickly. Get one with a big motor, to ensure you're getting all the water out from between the carpet and the floor. They're handy to have around for a lot of different things.

Reactions: GON
I can't stand carpeting. They are dirt, dust, and bacteria traps. Think of all the excrement and roundworm eggs that will collect in automotive carpeting, I have plastic floor liners that I remove and hose off once a week. The carpeting remains pristine. All it needs is occasional brushing with a carpet brush and vacuuming.

I can't think of 1 2003 model car or even 1993 model car that had vinyl floors
Me neither. A friend with a serious dust allergy had the carpeting removed from his new car. Then he had the floorpan covered first with Dynamat and then with trunk bed liner. It wasn't cheap.

Truck mount is what I recommend. Remove the seats and the console, pre-treat and agitate, then have him/her come and do the extraction. Nothing beats the extraction power of a truck mount.

1687717365545.jpeg

Back