Clay bar, 3M 6064, Collinite 845

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started out with clay bar, then went to 3M 6064 polish and a rotary buffer with a foam pad, then a double coat of Collinite 845. Smooooth.
IMG_0064_zpsb2cc0374.jpg

IMG_0065_zps87d6c46f.jpg

Less time on truck and more time on da lawn!! Ha!! Couldn't resist.

Wow nice work! The Collinite should last awhile (which is what i would go for when detailing a large vehicle).

What rotary and pad?

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Less time on truck and more time on da lawn!! Ha!! Couldn't resist.

I think that area is going to get tilled up and pea gravel put in. I have not been able to get grass to grow there for 5 years.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
I used Mothers clay bar, Lake Country black foam pads (4" and 6"), on a Makita variable speed buffer.

I'm curious how well the 3M Perfect-It 3000 swirl remover, finishes with a rotary buffer. There have been posts stating that it leaves some marks and requires further polishing with 3M Ultrafina. What has your experience been?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I used Mothers clay bar, Lake Country black foam pads (4" and 6"), on a Makita variable speed buffer.

I'm curious how well the 3M Perfect-It 3000 swirl remover, finishes with a rotary buffer. There have been posts stating that it leaves some marks and requires further polishing with 3M Ultrafina. What has your experience been?

I have used 6064 on 4 black cars (come to think of it, all our cars are black) and have had no issues. I have the 6068, which is the recommended follow-up to 6064, but have found it unnecessary. I am using the gray CCS pad by Lake Country, which is pretty soft. IIRC Lake Country recommends a harder white pad, which I do notice slightly more swirls with. I have been using a rotary buffer since 1975, nothing bugs me more than a swirled up black car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

I have used 6064 on 4 black cars (come to think of it, all our cars are black) and have had no issues. I have the 6068, which is the recommended follow-up to 6064, but have found it unnecessary. I am using the gray CCS pad by Lake Country, which is pretty soft. IIRC Lake Country recommends a harder white pad, which I do notice slightly more swirls with. I have been using a rotary buffer since 1975, nothing bugs me more than a swirled up black car.

Good to know, thanks. I think the soft grey pads have little correction power, which is probably why you're having no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back