Clamping Pipe to Concrete

IMG_7593.jpeg
IMG_7595.jpeg
Phone got wet

Work station and one plate

An 1 1\2 piece of 3\8 rod will make it pretty easy to paint the pipe without getting paint on your siding, should you choose to.
Yeah I wish I had the clamps so I would test out the length. 1.5" sounds about right, maybe 1.25"

I already had some stainless 3/8-16 allthread (good news) bad news my bolt cutters won't cut it. I will just use my smaller 12V Milwaukee disc cutter, clamp the rod to the wood potting table and go to town and cut a bunch of threaded studs.

Yeah I wish I had the clamps so I would test out the length. 1.5" sounds about right, maybe 1.25"

I already had some stainless 3/8-16 allthread (good news) bad news my bolt cutters won't cut it. I will just use my smaller 12V Milwaukee disc cutter, clamp the rod to the wood potting table and go to town and cut a bunch of threaded studs.
Use your grinder, bolt cutters are no good.

OK yesterday afternoon I glued it all up. A little crazy but we needed the water up there in case there is a dry spell - and all my wife's (expensive!) plants, bushes, trees.

Woke up this AM. NO LEAKS.

I have a funny part: Pressure test! So I wait 3 hours+. Turn the gate valve on, hear a surge of water. All good...........need to purge air. Walk all the way around. Take hose (new) end off reel (new). Lightly grip hose, turn hose bib spigot on. Nothing. Then all hell breaks loose! Air pressure rips hose out of left hand spray me down (not too bad really) grabbed hose back right quick. Lots of glorious water!! Gonna be sweeter for washing cars over there on the concrete in front of my shop, plus pressure washing.

OK now the nasty part: Hangers not arriving until mid May. Oh well, pipe is blocked up like a car on jackstands, only worse. Hahahaha. I left some slack to fit......

Looks professional. Was 1.5 inch rod correct?

I like the double nut.

Does it freeze in the winter where you are at?
Yes and yes
But I have shut off and air blow out already in place

Thanks for the help big time!!

EDIT: Used stainless allthread (which I had from the old business) and bought a bulk pack of stainless 3/8 -16 nuts on Amazon - the nuts allow a better line up with less niggling (like poop, tight and still need 1/2 rotation) and just snug the nuts with an open end and done.

Last edited:
I would attach the bottom hanger to the concrete if possible, and you can remove the top hanger.......

another thing you can do at the bottom, is attach a "stand off plate assembly" to a small solid cinderblock and bury it right under the ground

good job

1715170558435.jpg

Top hanger helps keep the bib stable on other side. Yeah I could of put one more to the footing wall, but I think I was just tired of boring in concrete, my wrists were hurting. It's stable!

WOW. That's a new one on me!!

Ordered!! Thanks again.

Just what I was about to invent. Or something.
You can attach it direct to the 1''steel pipe, clamp it tight, then secure it to the wood. I am not sure if the one I sent you is for 1''IPS, but it should still work.

Back