Chrysler swirches to OAT antifreeze..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For longer service life. So they're switching away from the G-05. It's not exactly Dexcool, but I think they should've switched to Dexcool like Ford did to make things simpler and more economical. It's a formula with sebacate and no 2EHA. It's made by CCI which is believed to be the manufacture of Japanese coolant. It's probably like Japanese type II coolant but without the phosphates but that's not certain.

If it's cheap and available in full strength, it could be an option for other cars instead of dexclone but I don't think it is.

http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/mater/11284

Yeah even a degree in chemistry wouldn't be enough lol. You'd just about have to be working in the automotive coolant engineering fields.

Dexcool is fine to use now that they only use resistant plastic and rubber coolant parts and surge tanks. It was really only problematic on a few mostly late 90's models that had poor intake gaskets to begin with.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
It's not exactly Dexcool, but I think they should've switched to Dexcool like Ford did to make things simpler and more economical.

Economical? It makes too much sense for an auto company to do that.

Well, no offense to your friend but I have access to a TON of Chrysler owners at the forum I moderate for, and it's a complete non-issue.

I would love to hear something a bit more substantiated, though, good or bad.

Interesting. Doesnt the rest of euro makers tend to use a G-05/G-48 type coolant? Id think they (Fiaysler) would be part of that course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back