Choosing a dishwasher..help BITOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cchase
I think people don't like GE for political reasons in some of these cases - not the quality of the product.

Just speculating.

Poor quality, had a kenmore refridgerator, it turned out to be ge, several problems, junked it only 3 years old, loud dishwashers that break, no more ge anything for me.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I bought a Frigidaire FPHD2491K F, one of their Professional Series over a year ago. It was pricey, SEARS sells it at $712 now.

It has no controls on front of door, only at top. It is VERY quiet, you really can't hear it running at all. It cleans very well, even large loads.

Only two complaints, 1) it uses a long cycle, 125 minutes. But most new dishwashers are like this. 2) You can't put a large item in bottom tray front near soap dispenser or it won't open the whole way. I think it still works fine though.

It is also stainless steel on the inside. A real top of the line model. Has nice wine glass holders too. Silverware basket is HUGE and keeps each piece separate. Top rack is easily adjustable.

Great input, Lowes has this one for $629.

My Maytag dishwasher is 23 years old and still runs great. I had one repair the first year when the circuit board failed, but that was warranty. I can't belive you guys only get ten years out of your dishwasher??

I have a GE profile wall oven and cook top. They are junk. The Wall oven was repalced in the first year with a brand new one. The new one was not any better designed, and I still get F7 error codes now and then.

Oh, I lied...
29.gif

I had to replace the door gasket on at at 20 years, as it became rock hard with age...
05.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't allow any G.E. products in my home.

After buying a GE dishwasher and clothes washer I won't either in the future. Both failed multiple times during the warranty period which led us to buy the extended warranty for both. The warranties have also been used multiple times and paid for themselves. Quality? Perhaps in the past but no longer.

If you're satisfied with the performance of your present one, why not 'veneer' the front with a brushed stainless panel? Sort of like re-veneering kitchen cabinets? The manufacturer may even have these available.

I have a 21yr old Maytag Jetclean. No problems at all. Ocasionally run BG44k to keep the injectors clean. . .

Ended up buying a Kitchenaid KUD35FXSS, will be installed on Wednesday. We purchased a Kitchenaid gas double oven range 2 weeks ago and are tickled to death with it. The lower convection oven made a fantastic turkey for Christmas dinner. Bought both from a local appliance store that does their own service instead of a big box store. Also have an order of Jet Dry coming from Amazon..seems imperative in the new dish washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back