Chevy Express paint issue's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
This is a problem with vans in general. Vans seem to get the most pathetic quality bodies in general.

Despite virtually the entire body being galvanized they do NOT do the roof! I would gladly pay them extra to do that OEM. But we routinely run them to ridiculous mileages and then sell them for excellent resale due to our aftermarket equipment in them. So they work very well in our biz...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
This is a problem with vans in general. Vans seem to get the most pathetic quality bodies in general.

Despite virtually the entire body being galvanized they do NOT do the roof! I would gladly pay them extra to do that OEM. But we routinely run them to ridiculous mileages and then sell them for excellent resale due to our aftermarket equipment in them. So they work very well in our biz...

Same here. I just wish there were a little more effort put into the bodies. It's not just the paint. The engineering in general just seems lazy. The later Express vans are a load better than the earlier generation.

Same here. I just wish there were a little more effort put into the bodies. It's not just the paint. The engineering in general just seems lazy. The later Express vans are a load better than the earlier generation.

Our newer Express 3500 vans have a blue sealant in between almost every overlap weld. They greatly improved in about 2013 or so. No more rattles and squeaks.

STILL didn't galvanize the [censored] roof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back