Chevron Techron Fuel Cleaner VS Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Chevron's Techron worth the $6.33 a bottle versus the $1.73 Supertech Fuel additive (Quaker state)? - I add one bottle every 3K miles or so just prior to an oil change. Thanks in advance.

Everything I have read indicates the Chevron Techron is the best OTC product for this purpose. Pep Boys has a special on it for $4.88 and it has a $2 rebate so the final price is $2.88. Just make sure you get the specially marked rebate bottle

Nice deal on the techron rebate, but be aware that there are a couple different packages/products. I've been confused by them in the past....

As I recall, Techron (pure) comes in bottles of two different sizes. There's also a diluted product (ProGuard?) that _contains_ Techron, and also some other stuff. That one is typically cheaper.

$0.02,
Robert

quote:

Originally posted by mehere:
Is Chevron's Techron worth the $6.33 a bottle versus the $1.73 Supertech Fuel additive (Quaker state)? - I add one bottle every 3K miles or so just prior to an oil change. Thanks in advance.

If you are doing a whole bottle, you may be able to skip an OCI or two. That Techron does clean fairly well for an OTC product...

The chevron techron CONCENTRATE is supposedly the top of the line OTC bottled additive Techron . That's the stuff that goes for around $6 for a 12oz bottle & $9 for a 20oz bottle. As far as price goes, it looks like a gallon jug of FP is the best bang for the buck. Chevron Techron concentrate is about $0.50/oz, where FP is about $0.25/oz
dunno.gif

Joel

[ November 27, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: JTK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back