Cheapest Place For Labor Only Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a number of reasons, I am not in a position to change my own oil as many of you folks do. That being said, I prefer to bring my own oils and filter now that I am learning more and more about them. Can you suggest cheap(est) places that will do the labor and not charge me for their own oil & filter that I won't be using. I am in the Pittsburgh area.

Daryll,

What about a neighbour or a local Shop at a high school? I wouldn't trust Walmart too many drain plug bolts have not been reinstalled resulting in blown engines!

Otherwise an independent shop might charge you $15 labour.

Regards, JC.

Call independent garages in your area, in my area the labor to change oil and filter is $10-15 at most garages. Some garages even check and top off vital fluids such as PSF, Brake fluid, antifreeze ... for free, actually they are included in the labor cost above.

Another vote for your friendly local independent garage--chains are not set up to do things outside of their normal routine, and in my experience many chains do not do good work.

Look for the kid in your neighborhood with the primer paint job on a musclecar,which will probably never get painted,....he might do it for free ,or diapers for his kid.Or a pack of smokes ..Ask anyway.

At my shop, we charge $15. That includes topping off everything else under the hood and checking tire psi, along with the usual inspection services.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton
At my shop, we charge $15. That includes topping off everything else under the hood and checking tire psi, along with the usual inspection services.

I'm in! Of course I'll have to add the cost to drive from Pittsburgh to Wyoming and back!

In my neck of the woods the independents all charge 15 bucks..If they are really in a good mood that day [very rare] the charge will be 10 bucks..The includes checking all the fluids and tires.

One of the Toyota dealers I sometimes go to charges me $20 if I supply my own oil and filter.

The Nissan dealer that I take my parents Altima V6 to charges $11.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Daryll,

What about a neighbour or a local Shop at a high school? I wouldn't trust Walmart too many drain plug bolts have not been reinstalled resulting in blown engines!

Otherwise an independent shop might charge you $15 labour.

Regards, JC.

1+

Find neighbour or a local Shop, they usually charge you from $15 - $20

Originally Posted By: Daryll
That being said, I prefer to bring my own oils and filter now that I am learning more and more about them.

Out of curiosity, exactly what oil and filters do you want to use. I know it's a long shot, but it's possible a oil change shop may offer that exact combination..

I've been using Mobil 1 oil and filters. But it seems "you guys" are saying that Pure One filters are just as good at a lower price. So perhaps I'll try those next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back