Champ PH500 vs PH1500

The Fram Drive FD3600 I have sitting around has a combo valve too with a patent number printed on the dome of the can. You can read these document explaining how it works.
Which patent number is on the Drive FD3600. The last link looks like the combo valve in the subject PH1500. The other patent links are a somewhat different combo valve configuration.

I have this on the Champ PH500

Screenshot_20240326-161702_Gallery.jpg

Which patent number is on the Drive FD3600. The last link looks like the combo valve in the subject PH1500. The other patent links are a somewhat different combo valve configuration.
The drive filters are just orange Champs

Yeah its the same number printed as that, the document there only explains the general assembly of the filter and not so much in detail of how the combination valve works. If you search up both Assignee: Fram or Champion Laboratories in google patents you see a lot of overlapping similar patents of similar configuration that cites from one another.

Yeah its the same number printed as that, the document there only explains the general assembly of the filter and not so much in detail of how the combination valve works. If you search up both Assignee: Fram or Champion Laboratories in google patents you see a lot of overlapping similar patents of similar configuration that cites from one another.
The combo valves basically just work by a pressure differential between the 2 sides of the rubber valve, causing the rubber over the inner holes to lift and allow oil to pass unfiltered through the base, between the 2 sets of holes.

Yeah its the same number printed as that, the document there only explains the general assembly of the filter and not so much in detail of how the combination valve works.
I can tell by looking at the cross-section drawings in the patents that they are different designs. The last patent link looks like the combo valve configuration in the Champ PH500. No. 70 in the figure is the inner circle of holes in the base plate.

1711485936190.jpg

Back