Cereal: which ones do you eat?

I can't stand highly processed cereal in the box. It's been well over 15 years since I had it. Some were loaded with sugar, corn syrup and other garbage. Some had added synthetic vitamins. No better than any other junk food out there. Plus it never kept me full for more than an hour or two.

Here is my breakfast of champions I make for many years at least 4 times per week. On the days I don't make it I just have a good smoothie.

One table spoon each of Oat Groats, Hulled Barley, Bulgur Wheat, Quinoa and Buckwheat Groats. Oat Groats are soaked over night.
In the morning everything is combined together with pinch of sea salt and enough water that get soaked up by the grains after 45-50 min of simmer and get nice chewy. Than I pour little bit of milk in it and bring it to heat and stir one egg yolk in and shut the heat off.
Throw piece off butter on top and cover it. When the butter is melted I add pinch of vanilla powder, 1/2 tea spoon of molasses and little bit of maple syrup. Stir everything together really good and put it on plate.
Sprinkle it with cacao powder, chia seeds, hulled hemp seeds, wheat germ and top it off with blueberries, couple of cut up strawberries, few raspberries and blackberries and it's ready to enjoy. Keeps me full way past noon.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
No kid cereals.

Raisin Bran Crunch, Kashi Go Lean Peanut Butter Crunch, Special K Fruit & Yogurt (Walmart knockoff called Awake), Raisin Nut Bran, Great Grains, occasionally Frosted Shredded Wheat. All I can think of for now.

Always with a whole banana cut up on it, and about half a cup of walnuts & pecans.

Tried the Bear Naked Cinnamon Crunch this morning. 59 grams. Dry.
Also had Turkey sausage along with it for protein.

Until recently I ate breakfast cereal each day, along with a reasonably sized glass of orange juice. My go to was Cracking Oatbran. Love the flavor and crunch. However, my college age son told me to look at the amount of added sugars per serving, yeah that would be 15. I measured out the typical serving size I ate each day and it was 3. That’s equal to drinking a coke! Then add in the OJ. Downright scary. Made the change to some whole wheat waffles smeared with all natural chunky PB. Making this and a few other tweaks and I’ve been losing about a pound a week, with no major changes to diet or my exercise routine… Feeling great!

I’m no an anti sugar guy, but soooo much added extra sugars to many products. What a shame…

I’ll have some peanut butter and chocolate cheerios or some apple cinnamon cheerios dry as a sweet snack, but that’s about it.
I figure it’s better than snacking on some Reese's PB cups or other candy. I get the sweet tooth nightly, so that fixes me up.

1620906844928.jpg

Reactions: 555
none cereals are crap, grains quickly raise blood sugar even oatmeal only a bit slower! add dead lo fat milk + its even worse. blood sugar goes up, body secretes insulin a fat storage hormone!! the more you eat carbs + how much you eat them is very UNHEALTHY!!! IMO + of many savy health experts as higher insulin levels that are rarely checked is the main cause of many health issues!! you need a Homa IR test to know what your insulin is.

none cereals are crap, grains quickly raise blood sugar even oatmeal only a bit slower! add dead lo fat milk + its even worse. blood sugar goes up, body secretes insulin a fat storage hormone!! the more you eat carbs + how much you eat them is very UNHEALTHY!!! IMO + of many savy health experts as higher insulin levels that are rarely checked is the main cause of many health issues!! you need a Homa IR test to know what your insulin is.
What?

Back