Castrol Edge 0-40W (AKA German Castrol) 2.0TFSI A4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: gregoron
There is no Castrol Edge Titanium 0W-40 sold at WalMart.

Not sure about Hawaii, but in other US states there is.

Yep there is Titanium available.

Dang, now I don't even see the regular Castrol Edge 0W-40 on the shelves here in Hawaii WalMart. I hope they bring it back.

Just got my order of Castrol Titanium Euro 5W-40 from Walmart. Container states "made in Germany". But it also states "not for sale outside of the Americas". This tell me it's not a real synthetic but formulated from group 111 base. Not that this is an issue for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregoron
Dang, now I don't even see the regular Castrol Edge 0W-40 on the shelves here in Hawaii WalMart. I hope they bring it back.
When they say "Titanium" I think they mean Castrol is now putting titanium into their black bottle "regular" Edge. Walmart.com can get it for you, or Amazon. Its in the black jug, not the gold jugs reserved now for Edge Extended Performance dexos1 stuff.

Originally Posted By: dennishiip
Container states "made in Germany". But it also states "not for sale outside of the Americas". This tell me it's not a real synthetic but formulated from group 111 base.

Don't read too much into this. All Castrol bottles in North America state this, even the lowly GTX. Do you think Castrol is trying to cheat you on lowly mineral oil, too? Need a bigger tinfoil hat, I guess...

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
0w-XX oils are becoming more popular. I suppose it's like the shift from 30 to 5w-30 or 10w-30. Oil is getting better all the time. Maybe the shift to these better oils is a bit slower because of old habits.

0W40 oils are on the European market available for some 17-18 years.

Yep I could buy Edge 0W-40 in Australia in the 90's. I had a few mates using it. Bit thin for my tastes at the time, I was using Edge 10W-60.

It may have been called Formula-R back then.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Yep I could buy Edge 0W-40 in Australia in the 90's. I had a few mates using it. Bit thin for my tastes at the time, I was using Edge 10W-60.

It may have been called Formula-R back then.

The Castrol EDGE brand was launched around 2005, replacing products like Castrol Formula RS and Castrol SLX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back