Castol GTX data sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many have commented on the lack of specifics including myself. Perhaps it's due to the roaming sources of base stocks? - but I honestly don't know.

Don't put too much emphasis on these published data sheets from any of the motor oil companies. All of the values listed are "typical" and can change from lot to lot. These numbers are provided by the additive companies any simply state that when mixed with a base stock of a certain viscometric property, that the completed mixture will yield these numbers. Blenders typically reach +/- 10% of the recommended treat rate on any final blend, and only verify each lot is within an acceptable range by infrared testing of a sample. Therefore these numbers can change. Think of these numbers on a data sheet as "targets" that the blenders try to meet.

Originally Posted By: Mannix
Don't put too much emphasis on these published data sheets from any of the motor oil companies. All of the values listed are "typical" and can change from lot to lot. These numbers are provided by the additive companies any simply state that when mixed with a base stock of a certain viscometric property, that the completed mixture will yield these numbers. Blenders typically reach +/- 10% of the recommended treat rate on any final blend, and only verify each lot is within an acceptable range by infrared testing of a sample. Therefore these numbers can change. Think of these numbers on a data sheet as "targets" that the blenders try to meet.
Well, I wish that Castrol data sheets at least had their 40C cst "target" listed.

Quote:
Well, I wish that Castrol data sheets at least had their 40C cst "target" listed.

That's top secret proprietary information; they don't want you to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back