Case IH #1 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always thought they had good oil. They have a 15W-40 that has a full additive pack and not CJ4 yet. I run synthetic in the majority of things but this oil goes in a lot of older tractors and everything not worthy of syn. Was reading the report on JD oil and think this one has it beat.

oil%20report.jpg

Wow - awesome looking oil!

Bit limited in application, as it's just a straight 30, but strong, none the less!

All Case/Case IH, New Holland dealers. Not sure if they all carry the strait 30W oil but all carry the 15W-40 version which is very similar.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Wow - awesome looking oil!

Bit limited in application, as it's just a straight 30, but strong, none the less!

Like said above they have a 15W-40 version that is the same and not CJ4 so it should be very similar in additives.

A bit of history for you. If you notice on the lab report it says CASE VISCOSITY OIL. That's because Viscosity Oil Company is the one that makes Case oil and at one time the Viscosity Oil Company was owned and a division of the Pennzoil Company. After Pennzoil bought Quaker State they sold the Viscosity Oil Company and I'm not real sure who owns them now.

That stuff look slike- Awesome squared.

(BTW-thanks for the info Johnny, I like the little tid bits you chuck out every now and then)

I had less-than-stellar results with this oil in my 8200 hour Farmall 826 (Neuss D358) but I can't deny it looks like good stuff. That said, I really appreciate it when the lesser known oils are tested and given to us for review. Kudos Farmall!

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
I had less-than-stellar results with this oil in my 8200 hour Farmall 826 (Neuss D358) but I can't deny it looks like good stuff. That said, I really appreciate it when the lesser known oils are tested and given to us for review. Kudos Farmall!

What weight were you running? 30W/15W-40? I had a D310 that we ran 15W-40 Rotella in and it slobbered terrible (blowby on a low hour engine where it didn't before). I switched to 30W CIH and it never did it again. Only reason I used the Rotella was that was the previous owner's oil. It was on a combine and he even ran a piece of PVC to keep the oil off the side of it. I took it off after using CIH oil.

I'm fairly certain there are not really any bad oils out there. I just like that CIH still uses the CI4+ formula. Just don't like the reduced additives in CJ4.

This is really funny because my experience is the inverse of yours!

My 826 had lived most of it's life on the IH 30 and I continued with it but it slurped though the better part of a case in one season. I switched it over the R-T 15W40 and it went from 6-7 qts. a season to 1-2. It wasn't all the oil, I'm sure, because I work it alot harder than the PO did (at least in the 10 years before I bought it). The Neuss engines like being worked hard rather than idling around. I also have some very good UOAs on R-T. All my stuff is on CJ-4 now, two tractors, one older diesel pickup and some small engines. It works well with the ULSD and, as I said, the UOAs have been superb. Not afraid of using CJ-4 in combo with ULSD, but I would want a CI-4 with LSD or the older stuff.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
A bit of history for you. If you notice on the lab report it says CASE VISCOSITY OIL. That's because Viscosity Oil Company is the one that makes Case oil and at one time the Viscosity Oil Company was owned and a division of the Pennzoil Company. After Pennzoil bought Quaker State they sold the Viscosity Oil Company and I'm not real sure who owns them now.

Selenia owns them http://www.flselenia.com/

I wanted to verify that what I said was correct, so here is the email I received from Viscosity Oil.

Date: June 1, 2010 9:35:25 AM CDT
To: "jlp@charter"
Subject: RE: Viscosity Oil Company

From September 1995 until the end of 2000.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 7:01 AM
To: William G. Wermuth
Subject: Viscosity Oil Company

When was Viscosity Oil a part of or a division
of the Pennzoil Company?

Thank you.

Johnny P

I run Viscosity's Ambra (New Holland). The 15w-40 smells almost like gear oil, just not quite as pungent.

I've been considering switching over both my diesel tractor and diesel ZTR to CJ, as they both were designed to run USLD, and do.

Any reason to stay with CI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back