can i use mmo on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i have a 6 hp b&s engine on my push mower the motor is 2 years old can i add mmo to the gas or oil of this mower i use it in my cars just wondering if good for the mower thanx

Can't see why not, people use the stuff on far more sophisticated car and truck engines, I've used plenty of such types of products in my yard equipment with no ill effect. In fact to good effect cleaning the carbs that get gummed up from stale gas. Never used MMO but have used seafoam and several brands of fuel injector cleaner and carb cleaner.

I use 5 gallon gas cans for my OPE. Before every fill up, I add 2 oz of Stabil and 2 oz of MMO. Works for me.

A little MMO shouldn't hurt. Just don't go overboard. I put a few ounces in the oil on occasion and run a few ounces per gallon of gas. Mower is a 6.5 Tecumseh.

I put a few ounce's in my gas can, also. The way the carbs on small engines plug up these day's, it doesn't hurt.

yeah i put a capful in the oil and fuel but for some reason for like first 10 minutes the motor bogged down badly even on high idle it just did not seem right 10 minutes later it got better weird

I am having issues with my 5 year old husqvarna push mower. I thought it was carb issues but turns out it is electrical issues. Anyway, I removed the carb for cleaning. I have been running 1 oz of marvel mystery oil per gallon of fuel in this mower since new. The inside of the carb looks brand new. I was shocked how clean everything was. No varnish or build up. Made me a true believer in MMO. I have been using MMO in all my small engine equipment for quite some time. This is the first issue I have had with any of my equipment in about 7 years and it is not fuel related. Great stuff.

Originally Posted By: jc1990
yeah i put a capful in the oil and fuel but for some reason for like first 10 minutes the motor bogged down badly even on high idle it just did not seem right 10 minutes later it got better weird

The MMO must have loosened some junk in the fuel system and floated it into your cylinders. I've had the same thing happen in cars and motorcycles when I add a fuel system cleaner to a vehicle for the first time.

Vic

hi guys i have a 6 hp b&s engine on my push mower the motor is 2 years old can i add mmo to the gas or oil of this mower i use it in my cars just wondering if good for the mower thanx

I've been adding MMO religiously (and alternate with seafoam) to my lawn mower's gas for the last 2 years. My mower is about 8 years old now, first time I added to my gas I noticed the mower seemed stronger as it pushed through the thicker grass. Also improves cold cranking, I consistently have a one-pull start where before a lot of times it would take two pulls.

Also add a bit of MMO to the crankcase about halfway through the mowing season. Helps clean out the crud by the time I'm ready to change the oil at the end of the season.

Vic

I've been adding MMO to gas in mowers for close to 30 years that I've owned my own houses. Typically everything falls apart around the mower and the engines still run great. They stay very clean in the combustion chamber and the carbs stay clean and not require adjustment.

At the end of the season I'll pump out some oil and top up with MMO and run the machine for about 5 hours worth of cuts. Then I fog the engine and change the oil in prep for winter storage.

I put some MMO into the gas of my 1986 Toro 2-stroke push mower, along with the 2-stoke oil. It made the gas dirtier, which I'm guessing is the crud in the gas tank. It made the mower run better, too. It didn't bog as much in the tall patches. The exhaust pipe was a little cleaner at the end of half an hour of mowing. Initial results are promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back