buzzing transmission solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sit possible that you've missed a ground wire on the back of the intake? I know on Toyota 3.0 and 3.3 engines, there are 2 or 3 combo grounds that you can't see from the front side.

Have you tried following the harness for the cruise and just checking things out? Also get it up on stands, crawl under it and just take a look. Not at anything in particular, but everything. I can't tell you how many things I've found wrong with various vehicles simply by looking around from underneath, as the view is usually pretty good.

There are two ground straps connected to the upper intake; I have checked both and they are solid and no potential exists between them and battery/chassis ground.

At this point, I'm awaiting the CDROM manual I just ordered this morning. I'm not going to make any more changes or checks until I'm working via the factory manual.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
There are two ground straps connected to the upper intake; I have checked both and they are solid and no potential exists between them and battery/chassis ground.

At this point, I'm awaiting the CDROM manual I just ordered this morning. I'm not going to make any more changes or checks until I'm working via the factory manual.

So, have you been able to track the problem down?
Also, I wouldn't write off FSM's based on price.
I won the Ford FSM and Wiring manual for my '01 Villager for $8 on eBay.
I got pdf's of the Nissan versions for a $12 donation to Nissanhelp.com

********** BREAKING NEWS **********

Police and firefighters have just arrived on the scene of a minivan engulfed in flames, in the parking lot of a local auto parts store.

We've received reports from witnesses that the vehicle was intentionally set ablaze by a madman shouting "I hate synthetic oil" as well as various profanities centered around "solenoids" and "harnesses" of some kind.

So the solenoid, with its signal, is taking place of some shift characteristic, the way that belden cables used to on vacuum modulated ATs?

Some solenoids can be noisy... but they would probably just fail in one position or the other. Not sure Id worry much about it. Fix when it fails. If/when it goes and youll open the AT, then you can replace lots of parts to renew it.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So the solenoid, with its signal, is taking place of some shift characteristic, the way that belden cables used to on vacuum modulated ATs?

Some solenoids can be noisy... but they would probably just fail in one position or the other. Not sure Id worry much about it. Fix when it fails. If/when it goes and youll open the AT, then you can replace lots of parts to renew it.

Miswording, Its a "Dropping Resistor" It controls quite a bit about how Nissan/Jatco Tranny's Shift and feel.
Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back