Burning PC and Mac compatible data discs

I burned a DVD (just data, no movie/video files). I used Windows 10 Pro, File Explorer, and the internal disc writer. The default file system is UDF 2.1. The disc works fine on the pc but the recipient says it's not compatible with his Mac. I thought Mac could read UDF? I don't see an option for ISO or Joliet when burning discs via File Explorer. It would be nice if I could burn discs using several file systems for more likely compatibility.

I will also have to burn some more M Discs and would like to avoid the same problem due to the involved cost I'll be using an external BR writer for that and probably use Image Burn. Image Burn allows more than one file system.

Last edited:
Try CDBurnerXP. It's free and updated. Been around for tears and yes, it with Win10. Haven't tried it with 11.

You might need to try an 3rd party burning program like Nero - “live” discs in Windows aren’t cross-platform and are only intended for that version of Windows, IIRC.

You might need to try an 3rd party burning program like Nero - “live” discs in Windows aren’t cross-platform and are only intended for that version of Windows, IIRC.
I'm not trying to run an OS off a disc.

Back