Bulk Castrol Syntorq at Midwest Transmission Centr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for bulk/Economical Castrol Syntorq alternatives for my NV4500 / NV5600 / and VW TDI Manual Trans. This gear oil is commonly known as GM #12346190 and Chrysler #4874459. I have read about a lot of guys using Amsoil and Penzoil Synchromesh Alternates.

I am looking to buy aprox. 5 gallons now for a couple NV4500's and one NV5600. I am not a fan of using any Amsoil products but I might consider the Penzoil Synchromesh if people here have had good results.

My searches have leaded me to finding what is said to be a bulk OEM Castrol Syntorq replacement from Midwest Transmission Center, Inc. http://www.midwesttrans.com/NV3500_NV4500_ NV5600_Oil.html
This company is selling the product for $8.50/quart in bulk 1gal or 2.5gal jugs plus shipping from Texas. I have searched the internet both high and low for reviews on this product and I have had no results. I am getting ready to purchase to purchase at least 2.5 gallons very soon since I am completing some rebuilds. Before doing so I thought I would query a forum with the most experience on related products.

If anyone can provide feedback on this product or any other current economical solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for checking on this and for your kind advice...

Redline MTL and Amsoil Synchromesh would be very good choices to consider.

If it requires 75w85 or 75w90, them mtf/mtl/synchromesh is TOO THIN.

Use any GL4 75w85 or 75w90. Redline MT90 or MT85, Amsoil MTG, or OE Ford/Mopar/GM/Nissan/Hyundai fluids.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
If it requires 75w85 or 75w90, them mtf/mtl/synchromesh is TOO THIN.

Use any GL4 75w85 or 75w90. Redline MT90 or MT85, Amsoil MTG, or OE Ford/Mopar/GM/Nissan/Hyundai fluids.

If it is VW, they spec 75W-90 GL-4 but they actually use straight 75W (very thin) GL-4 fluid. No worries of going too thin.

Gents: Thanks for the feedback on this I called Midwest transmission center and they claim that this product they are selling is bulk Castrol Syntrans 75W90 Synthetic Gear Oil GL-4. I was hoping to find someone that had experience using the oil they offer.

If this is the real deal in the jug they send me then it would be foolish to buy elsewhere I think.

Originally Posted By: LEIBUYS
Gents: Thanks for the feedback on this I called Midwest transmission center and they claim that this product they are selling is bulk Castrol Syntrans 75W90 Synthetic Gear Oil GL-4. I was hoping to find someone that had experience using the oil they offer.

If this is the real deal in the jug they send me then it would be foolish to buy elsewhere I think.

I'm sure it is a fine oil but it isn't a great choice for a synchronized, GL-4 application, especially if it gets cold where you are.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

I'm sure it is a fine oil but it isn't a great choice for a synchronized, GL-4 application, especially if it gets cold where you are.

It is synthetic so it should be fairly free flowing if it rates
75w...However I agree with you in general I would go for
either the Syntrans 75w-85, or Castrol Syntrans FE 75w only.

You can buy these items in the USA but you need to find a
Castrol BP distributor in your local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back