Brawn GP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda had been developing that chassis and aero package since they realized their 2008 season was a lost cause, at one point with two engineering groups, and Ross Brawn took over the project in progress.

Also judging by Jenson Button's comments, the Mercedes engine is much more tractable than the Honda was and the driveability helps quite a bit.

I'm not sure whether to go and have a sleep right now or try to stay awake and then be destroyed tomorrow.

I missed the start but Brawn kicked bootay, started and finished 1-2.
Thanks SPEED for cutting off 1/2 the drivers' standings at the bottom of the screen.
Oh look, The Bobby Dukes Story is on Fuel TV.

1-2-3, Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello, Jarno Trulli.
1st corner pile-up that messed up Barrichello's rear diffuser.
Kaz hit the wall pretty hard, the following yellow flag / safety car timing was a bit odd.
Something happened with Kubica near the end of the race but I missed that.
8th-11th, SPEED flashed the results too fast
Hamilton, Glock, Alonso, Rosberg, Buemi, Bourdais, Sutil, Heidfeld

Does anyone else get confused when they say "Timo Glock"?
I keep thinking that there's a new Irish team, Team O'Glock...

I wanted to say that the crawl across the bottom of the screen on my TV was also unreadable. You could see only about the top 1/3 and therefore it was unreadable.I figured the crawl was legible on the new style large screens and maybe hadn't been tested on the old style TV's. Speed TV shouldn't assume that everyone has the new style big screen TV.

if you have Speed HD, the broadcast is in widescreen, although SD, and all of the displays are readable.

awesome race, im a huge ferrari fan, but it was still very good to watch.

the incident with Vettel and Kubica was a pure racing incident and Vettel should not have been penalised.

Vettel should have let him pass w/o much challenge since he knew that Kubica was well ahead of his pace. He was apologizing to the team so a penalty was probably not unexpected by him.

What a great race to open the season with. The Brawn team seems to be for real - 1&2 on the grid/ 1-2 finish is more than a fluke. Good to have F1 back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back