Boy do I miss the center stand

Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
I had to change the rear tire on my Valkyrie Interstate as it was punctured and man what an ordeal it is to get the rear lifted up.

I had to make this adapter out of some lumber I had lying around and use my jack stand to support the bike. Why did Honda not include the center stand on this bike is puzzling, when the Goldwing has it.

Maybe they were trying to copy Garley a little bit too hard? 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_2979.jpeg

I ride a 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R and in most major markets around the globe they come with a center stand. In North America... none. The first thing I did before I even purchased my bike was to buy the center stand kit. I don't know how people live without them.

My kit was less than $200 and I bet you could install a Goldwing stand on your Valkyrie or Honda might even offer a kit specifically for it. It might be worth looking into.

Center stands are definitely a convenience, but there are inexpensive floor jacks (like the one from Harbor Freight) that work just fine, as long as the bike's exhaust system isn't in the way...

I have two purpose built motorcycle jacks and the first thing I did to my Suzuki DL1000 was add a center stand!

This thread may be helpful to you. I would never own a bike without one, it make life so much easier.

Thanks Trav, but that's for the new Valkyrie.

My Valkyrie is the first gen and there is no support for a center stand there at all. This is what the space there looks like and how the 2x4 contraption sort of fits in there.

Totally agree on the center stand point and it is one of the reasons I will be selling this motorcycle. It's too cumbersome to service without the factory stand.

underview.jpg

It would be nice on Harleys, but Harley riders make fun of those things as many Harley riders are severely mentally handicapped .lol,,,wait , I ride a Harley....on the serious note, I like the center stand idea, they make it easier for oil changes and such,,,Imho
And tank bags. And full face helmets. And riding gear.

i-VtkDBHD-L.jpg

I had to change the rear tire on my Valkyrie Interstate as it was punctured and man what an ordeal it is to get the rear lifted up.

I had to make this adapter out of some lumber I had lying around and use my jack stand to support the bike. Why did Honda not include the center stand on this bike is puzzling, when the Goldwing has it.

Maybe they were trying to copy Garley a little bit too hard? 🤷‍♂️

Too much of pain to have a street bike without a center stand.

Ive got just enough fairing.

With the tank and saddle, and top bag - just enough bags.

IMG_5299.jpeg

Too much of pain to have a street bike without a center stand.

Ive got just enough fairing.

With the tank and saddle, and top bag - just enough bags.

Yes, I appreciated that my Valkyrie had fornt mounted fairing and only small pods on the side of the engine. It made access very easy.

Having said that, the fairings on the BMW are pretty well designed and easy to remove. The three main sections are the top of tank, the middle and the bottom. Each section is split into right and left and can be removed independently of the others. I already had to remove the side fairings to deal with the oil in the coolant expansion tank and there were no attachment points broken.

Last edited:
Back