Bourbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tom slick
I thought all US whiskeys had to be in new oak barrels.

Nah.
Take a look at Jim Beam. Ky whiskey aged in used oak barrels for 3 years.....something like that.

It is a common misconception that just as sparkling wines cannot be Champagne unless they are made in that region of France, so whiskey cannot be bourbon unless it is made in Kentucky. They should have added that stipulation to the law as well.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Anyone ever had a Maker's Mark cigar? They are tasty. They come in a wax sealed tube, like the wax sealed bottles for the bourbon. I wish the local cigar shop would get them again.

I just saw them at the local humidor last Saturday night. At $10 a stick I passed on them for a very nice Oliva series S. I may have to treat myself to one now!

cant drink scotch or irish.
I love the american stuff. Jack Daniels is my favourite, Jim Beam 2nd. Tennesse and Kentucky sour mash.

Elijah Craig is one of the best Bourbons around and is on the cheaper side as well. I like it better than Woodford. I think Woodford is not very well balanced. Evan Williams is good. Makers Mark is smooth but the taste is not as good as others. Bookers is excellent but is also expensive and much stronger than most bourbons since it is a straight barrel bourbon. Knobb Creek is also very good but for the money its not as good as the Elijah Craig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back