Bosch Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this board. My first post actually.
smile.gif
I'm currently using Maxlife and Bosch oil filter in my 1999 Maxima. I purchase the Bosch oil filter from Canadian Tire as I won't use Fram as they are C#$@. But how good is the basic Bosch oil filter? Comments please.
smile.gif

Hey welcome fellow Ontarian!
smile.gif

I believe the regular Bosch filter is pretty good too, it just doesn't filter down quite as fine as the premium. I believe I read somewhere that the regular Bosch is about a 25 micron filter. So it's comparable to your OEM filter most likely, but probably cheaper!

For all I knew there was only one Bosch filter. In the States it sells for a bit more than other Champion Labs filters, but less than Mobil 1's. AutoZone stores have them cut apart and they don't look much better than their base STP filter to me.

All Champion Labs filters are pretty good, much better than Fram. I don't have access to a SuperTech filter box but the filtering capacity is very good and I think they're measuring less than 25.

Thanks everybody for replying. Patman, thanks for the Bosch information link. I know I'm spending the few extra cents for a better filter. Great site and I believe the best site for information related to oil and what not. Yes, more Canadians are showing up on this site.
smile.gif

[ July 12, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Employee#08 ]

How much do you pay for your Bosch filter, and which CT do you buy it at? I haven't seen any at the CTs in my area lately. I used to see them at the one on Burnhamthorpe near Highway 10, but I think that store is gone now.

Patman, go to any CT store and ask the parts salesman to do a "P&A" on the Bosch Filter for your specific vehicle. He should get any answer within 1 hour. That is what I did and I got them to stock 2 for me on a regular basis. If you want I can ask them to do a "P&A" for you as I will be going down to CT today. I purchase my Bosch filters for $5.89.

quote:

Originally posted by Employee#08:
Patman, go to any CT store and ask the parts salesman to do a "P&A" on the Bosch Filter for your specific vehicle. He should get any answer within 1 hour. That is what I did and I got them to stock 2 for me on a regular basis. If you want I can ask them to do a "P&A" for you as I will be going down to CT today. Is your vehicle a 1995 Firebird with a 350? I purchase my Bosch filters for $5.89.

The one problem in my case is that I use a longer than stock filter. So if they look up my car, it'll show the smaller filter. I need to find the Bosch filter that cross references to the AC Delco PF35. Or, if I knew which GM vehicles used the PF35 originally, I could just tell them that I need it for that car. I know it's on some GM trucks with the 350, but I have no clue which years or which models.

I just thought of something. Since, you have the AC Delco #, you can get the parts guy to whip out the Fram book. Get him to cross reference to the Fram #. Using the Fram #, look up the Bosch to Fram numbers in the cross reference and you have your Bosch filter #. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

I might just do this! Now I need to figure out if it's worth it to switch. My AC Delcos are $3.16 at Walmart, so are these filters that much better than make them worth almost twice as much? Things that make you go hmmm....

smile.gif

I don't know as I don't have hard facts on the filtration data for the two filters. If that is expensive, try Wix filters that CT can order which lists for $10.55 for my car. Right now, I have access to Bosch which is better then Fram and price is only $0.50 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back