Bosch D+ at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today at WM..

IMG_0366.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: chevys10
I'll pick them up on clearance next year after nobody buys them....

+1... Not sure this filter will work with the typical wallyworld customer. It might work to paint the can plaid like the PJ bottoms so many people wear there....

Yeah, $1.50 less at Amazon. Or, if you buy 4 at AAP, use a $20 off 50 code, or combine with another order, they can be had for ~$8.50 each.

They are good for ~15k, so to get your monies worth, best with extended or two oci's. Also cheaper when included with an oil and filter promo at AAP. I got my three with an oil/filter promo, and an AAP 'glitch' for ~$4.50, otherwise I would have just purchased a P1.

Running a 3323 now for the second of two 10-15% MM (12-13k) ocis in an Accord.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
They should be banned for environmentally unsound packaging.

My theory? Their baseplates are too heavy to be 'trusted' in handling/shipping in most flimsy oil filter cardboard boxes?
21.gif

confused2.gif

You'd figure paper box more stout would still be cheaper than plastics for their boxes(oil)?

confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

confused2.gif

You'd figure paper box more stout would still be cheaper than plastics for their boxes(oil)?

confused2.gif

I would say the plastic package overwrap is just for High end product differentiation. ALL marketing on a filter that may cost $1 or $2 more at mostto make and then marked up 3 times over the bread and butter product
shocked2.gif
Hey if its 5% of total filter sales they gotta recover tooling and engineering cost
smile.gif

Last edited:
Wally is now stocking Puro, but not the Pure One. I suspect the appearence of Bosch at Wally is an attempt to "upmarket" people from the $3.27 (at the local Wally ) Puro to the $12.00 Bosch. A cheap trick if you ask me. The Pure One line apparently gets in the way of the Bosch upmarket ploy. Why the Germans were allowed to grab Puro is a story I'd like to hear. Siemans is now going head to head with GE industrial and medical instruments products in the US and bragging about it , and GE INVENTED the MRI machine. We just stand by and watch. I use NGK plugs in the ONLY German product I own. (Ha)

Last edited:
Considering that the BD+ has been at Wally for some time now, and the Classics' just appeared, not sure that idea passes muster. Suspect the P1 not appearing has more to do with another Puro competing directly price-wise with another Fram, the Tough Guard. Judging shelf space, the Fram varieties still easily dominate the Wally oil filter aisle. Otoh, the BD+ is priced higher than any Fram at Wally, so in price it doesn't compete directly with any Fram. Also highly doubt the average Wally oil filter buyer knows or cares that Bosch owns Purolator.

I suppose Bosch and Mann&Hummel buying Purolator from Arvin Meritor is similar to New Zealand investment company Rank Group buying Champ and now Fram, they were the highest bidder. The Purolator canister oil filters (and now many Bosch) are still made in the US. But, as the Bosch purchase of Puro happened in 06, kinda old news now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back