Bosch 3332 Cut Open - Media Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stelth
Right, buy Purolator! According to jk_636, there's a pretty good chance you'll get one that does what it's supposed to! Why buy a filter that hasn't shown any failures, when you can get a Rip-o-lator that might do its job?

15.gif
11.gif
happy2.gif

My filters have never failed. Over a decade of Purolators on my vehicles and still going strong.
cool.gif

The only thing around here with holes in it is the nauseating group think that is being passed around.

Oh, and this filter. Sorry OP, that stinks that your filter didn't hold up. Hopefully it works better next time.
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Originally Posted By: sir1900
Did you have your filter cutting certification in place before you opened that bad boy up? You know you'll be asked to provide this by the unofficial Purolator spokespersons.

Thanks for the C&P. There is never an excuse for media tearing after a 4k OCI.

And who exactly are you referring to? The only unofficial, non site sponsered spokesperson that I know of doesn't work for Purolator.

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
Just wait the company paid purolovers will be chiming in soon arguing that they can't see a hole in the pic and or you did it on purpose and it was ran too long. Pics don't lie. Everything puro makes is complete garbage except the synthetic which hasn't been tampered with yet by puro r&d

This is a ridiculous angle. No one here that enjoys Purolator products are paid. There is one however that is from another company...

Why do you feel the need to make personal attacks on people such as CaptBarkey and myself? It must be Puro-envy. Or perhaps a sense of belonging? Either way, personal attacks do nothing but hurt your credibility.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
This would only be news if the filter DIDN'T tear.

Again, this is ridiculous. Go back and look at how many Bosch filters have been tear free. You may be surprised.

Originally Posted By: webfors
And another one bites the dust... queue the music.

I can't believe there are those still willing to use puro made filters. The flip side is I am glad there are so we can continue to see the inside of these POS's.

Except the many that dont tear really throw a wrench in that equation eh? When will you guys get it in your collective brain that the majority of these filters are just fine.

Oh and your signature says that you also use those POS's. Hypocrisy much?
smirk.gif

Ever stop and think that if you have to respond this many times in one post that maybe your the one that's completely wrong. I mean when their are really only two people on here trolling against everything that isn't puro and non stop ignorance to see a hole in a pic and claim every other reason other than the company being at fault then maybe just maybe you guys are the problem and the ones wrong. But let me guess you guys will just deflect and and keep chiming in with the same old unsupported responses that everyone on BITOG has become used to and automatically know your full of it. Just sad the newbies that come here looking good advice have to scroll thru your useless ignorance.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Did you have your filter cutting certification in place before you opened that bad boy up? You know you'll be asked to provide this by the unofficial Purolator spokespersons.

Thanks for the C&P. There is never an excuse for media tearing after a 4k OCI.

And who exactly are you referring to? The only unofficial, non site sponsered spokesperson that I know of doesn't work for Purolator.

Just wait the company paid purolovers will be chiming in soon arguing that they can't see a hole in the pic and or you did it on purpose and it was ran too long. Pics don't lie. Everything puro makes is complete garbage except the synthetic which hasn't been tampered with yet by puro r&d

This is a ridiculous angle. No one here that enjoys Purolator products are paid. There is one however that is from another company...

Why do you feel the need to make personal attacks on people such as CaptBarkey and myself? It must be Puro-envy. Or perhaps a sense of belonging? Either way, personal attacks do nothing but hurt your credibility.

This would only be news if the filter DIDN'T tear.

Again, this is ridiculous. Go back and look at how many Bosch filters have been tear free. You may be surprised.

I can't believe there are those still willing to use puro made filters. The flip side is I am glad there are so we can continue to see the inside of these POS's.

Except the many that dont tear really throw a wrench in that equation eh? When will you guys get it in your collective brain that the majority of these filters are just fine.

smirk.gif

Ever stop and think that if you have to respond this many times in one post that maybe your the one that's completely wrong. I mean when their are really only two people on here trolling against everything that isn't puro and non stop ignorance to see a hole in a pic and claim every other reason other than the company being at fault then maybe just maybe you guys are the problem and the ones wrong. But let me guess you guys will just deflect and and keep chiming in with the same old unsupported responses that everyone on BITOG has become used to and automatically know your full of it. Just sad the newbies that come here looking good advice have to scroll thru your useless ignorance.

This is hilarious. Just FYI, responding that many times in one post is the byproduct of showing up late to the discussion. Not everyone can live on this website 24/7.

I participate in various discussions just like everyone else. Unfortunately, it appears that you spend just as much time making personal attacks at certain groups or individuals as you do discussing oil filters.

If you have something against people taking part in conversations about their oil filters of preference, then you should condemn the entire Fram club. Speaking of which, how about that Fram Ultra?

It is ignorant to group all people that use Purolators in the same boat. I have never made excuses, denied being able to see holes in the media or anything else that one person in particular does, yet you continue to insist that this is the opinion of Puro users as a whole. Grow up. I speak for no one but myself.

One of the reasons I get involved in these threads is to help the new people and those lurking here without membership looking for answers. As of right now, this website is just one big regurgitation of how amazing Fram is and how terrible everything else has become, how RP is made of unicorn tears, oil additives are useless and other ridiculous dribble.

There are a few of us here who offer nothing more than differing viewpoints, much to the disdain of those in your camp.

smirk.gif

Not at all. I get to personally inspect the quality of the pleating and overall construction before I buy the cartridge filter. If I had the privilege to see through the cans on these Puro POS's with wide "V", sparse and uneven pleating at the seam I wouldn't buy them. You'll never see me buy a Puro in a can... not until I see substantial evidence of a manufacturing/QA change.

smirk.gif

Not at all. I get to personally inspect the quality of the pleating and overall construction before I buy the cartridge filter. If I had the privilege to see through the cans on these Puro POS's with wide "V", sparse and uneven pleating at the seam I wouldn't buy them. You'll never see me buy a Puro in a can... not until I see substantial evidence of a manufacturing/QA change.

And to be fair, the Puro classic cartridge filters for the van are made in South Korea and are the furthest thing from your typical puro made can that we're seeing fail over and over again. Did you see my C&P of the perfect filter that came out after 10k miles of use? That's why I use them. They're just that good. I'm not brand biased... it appears you are completely incapable of understanding that.

smirk.gif

And to be fair, the Puro classic cartridge filters for the van are made in South Korea and are the furthest thing from your typical puro made can that we're seeing fail over and over again. Did you see my C&P of the perfect filter that came out after 10k miles of use? That's why I use them. They're just that good. I'm not brand biased... it appears you are completely incapable of understanding that.

Cartridge filters are the wave of the future and it's probably a good thing it will force manufacturers to produce a quality filter because even the people that don't care about filters will be able to see if it's junk after being used. Probably why puro contracted it out to some professionals instead of making it in house. Can't hide behind a shell.

Oh yeah who?

jk_636 ... dude, give it up ... your same ridiculous arguments over this are getting old, and you will never convince anyone to use filters that tear. Never.

Boy, it sure is funny to watch the Tearolators or my new favorite ripolator fan boys squirm in their seat every time another failure is posted. Their heads have been stuck in the sand so long I would suggest they head down to Walmart and buy some ear swabs to get the sand out of their ears.

But, but, but once someone posted a Puro filter without a tear right? Well, I'll see your one and raise you 60+.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Oh yeah who?

As if you didn't know. Come on now, every active member here knows. Motorking is the only spokesperson here that represents a company that is not a site sponsor.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
jk_636 ... dude, give it up ... your same ridiculous arguments over this are getting old, and you will never convince anyone to use filters that tear. Never.

If anything here is ridiculous it is the fact that many here dedicate their time to constantly trying to shame and/or bully people who use a certain brand of oil filter. I have never had an agenda or tried to get anyone to use anything.

I do however stand up and continually provide evidence that proves the purolator tearing is mostly paranoia and hype, and hopefully this differing viewpoint allows those on the fence to make an informed decision.

I can't be the only one here that gets tired of reading thread after thread of kool-aid drinking, mindless, group think.

Boy, it sure is funny to watch the Tearolators or my new favorite ripolator fan boys squirm in their seat every time another failure is posted. Their heads have been stuck in the sand so long I would suggest they head down to Walmart and buy some ear swabs to get the sand out of their ears.

But, but, but once someone posted a Puro filter without a tear right? Well, I'll see your one and raise you 60+.

I'm not going to debate anyone who's argument is predicated on personal attacks on character and juvenile anecdotes.

If anything here is ridiculous it is the fact that many here dedicate their time to constantly trying to shame and/or bully people who use a certain brand of oil filter. I have never had an agenda or tried to get anyone to use anything.

I do however stand up and continually provide evidence that proves the purolator tearing is mostly paranoia and hype, and hopefully this differing viewpoint allows those on the fence to make an informed decision.

I can't be the only one here that gets tired of reading thread after thread of kool-aid drinking, mindless, group think.

I think people here really don't give a rat's behind if someone uses a Purolator ... but many guys here just don't understand the logic, but hey, not everyone has the same logic viewpoint on what's going on. If you feel comfortable using them then that's all great, but it's pretty hard to refute all the evidence of tearing media - there is a clear pattern. I'm sure people can make the right decision on their own, and like I said one guy saying they never tore for him doesn't really do much against 60+ reported torn filters. I wouldn't call the fact that Purolator's can tear "blown out of proportion" ... it's an obvious issue. You just haven't been unlucky yet.
wink.gif

You know, in a world with princesses and horses, some people prefer a horse

failed%2Bproducts.jpg

^Image of a failed product that even the most "uncertified" person can identify.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Oh yeah who?

As if you didn't know. Come on now, every active member here knows. Motorking is the only spokesperson here that represents a company that is not a site sponsor.

I thought you were referring to me but now I'm just confused.

I think people here really don't give a rat's behind if someone uses a Purolator ... but many guys here just don't understand the logic, but hey, not everyone has the same logic viewpoint on what's going on. If you feel comfortable using them then that's all great, but it's pretty hard to refute all the evidence of tearing media - there is a clear pattern. I'm sure people can make the right decision on their own, and like I said one guy saying they never tore for him doesn't really do much against 60+ reported torn filters. I wouldn't call the fact that Purolator's can tear "blown out of proportion" ... it's an obvious issue. You just haven't been unlucky yet.
wink.gif

There is no way that those that are pumping the classics so hard, in contradiction to the overwhelming evidence, would post a torn classic if they came across one. They simply have too much invested to collapse their house of cards.

wink.gif

There is no way that those that are pumping the classics so hard, in contradiction to the overwhelming evidence, would post a torn classic if they came across one. They simply have too much invested to collapse their house of cards.

I have thought the same thing. When a Puro looks good, I say so. When it doesn't, I say so. A few here have so planted their flag on top of Puro's hill I also would have a very hard time believing they would post or mention a failure or issue if it happened to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sequence of events:

1. People issue a general call out for Purolator shills.

2. Jk_636 responded to every single one.

Just remember the jk_636 credo: The only thing wrong with making a bad product, is too many people report the problem. The people are the problem.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not use classics (or at least haven't in a long time) so I'm not sure what you are referencing there.

Furthermore, I have nothing "invested" here. As such, I post every filter I use. Good, bad or indifferent they all go up.

The only problem for you and those alike is that I haven't ever had a bad one, so every couple months you are left trying to defend or attack or scramble to explain why my pure ones and puro syns are always looking good and tear free.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Sequence of events:

1. People issue a general call out for Purolator shills.

2. Jk_636 responded to every single one.

Just remember the jk_636 credo: The only thing wrong with making a bad product, is too many people report the problem. The people are the problem.

I am in no way a purolator shill and I receive no compensation for my discussion here (too bad we can't say the same for everyone eh?)

That is in no way the jk_636 credo.

^^^^ Whether or not you have had a failed Puro product is irrelevant to this discussion. This thread is just another example added to the spreadsheet of a list of failure by the Puro brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back