Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville

🟨 Caution lap 385, the big one. Multiple cars involved. The 18 spun under the 17 and was hit by the 2. 21, 34, 48, 37, 1, 77, 51 all involved. No free pass.

Unofficial Results.jpg

All day long, I didn't see Truex as anything better than a 3rd place car. Kind of reminded me of how Blaney got around the 5 car after dominating at Atlanta.
Getting the sun off the track sure helped him out...

p.s. Love your new graphics bdc. :)

All day long, I didn't see Truex as anything better than a 3rd place car. Kind of reminded me of how Blaney got around the 5 car after dominating at Atlanta.
Getting the sun off the track sure helped him out...

p.s. Love your new graphics bdc. :)
Haha thanks. I stumbled upon the graphics thing. Just bought tickets to the race in Sonoma. I've become a regular caller on The Late Shift on Sirius XM NASCAR and the hose Brad Gillie convinced me to go since I probably won't make the race at COTA. Also I may be picking up a Cup car roller chassis at the end of the season.

Haha thanks. I stumbled upon the graphics thing. Just bought tickets to the race in Sonoma. I've become a regular caller on The Late Shift on Sirius XM NASCAR and the hose Brad Gillie convinced me to go since I probably won't make the race at COTA. Also I may be picking up a Cup car roller chassis at the end of the season.
Wow... a lot going on in your post!

Sears point (Sonoma) is a pretty great race track. Used to race there back in the 70's 80's with a formula Ford. (I was the crew chief, mechanic, and chief bottle washer.) Lots of hills and hiking to get around that track. We had two poles there and were leading both races. In the first one, somebody kamikazed us in turn 11 and took us out. The second one the crankshaft broke with one lap to go.

I'm a bit sour on COTA. I rode down there for the inaugural MotoGP race a few years back. What a great racetrack! Their policies were a bit rough though. Wouldn't let me bring an unopened bottle of water or Subway sandwich onto the property. (Texas motor speedway on the other hand, allows you to bring ANYTHING in as long as it's not in glass. Really nice!)

What are your intentions with the Cup chassis? (The engine leases are a bit pricy though. ) I guess there are going to be a lot of them coming available at the end of this year, eh? Nascar did announce that they are going to keep using the current chassis for any dirt races in the future.

Back