Blue devil engine cool or royal purple ice?

Which would you use? I am using an additive for additional anti corrosion to compensate for a 33% coolant mix.

I have 2 bottles of purple ice. Should i add 2 or maybe all 3?

Attachments

• blue-devil-engine-cool-16-oz-2.jpeg
    blue-devil-engine-cool-16-oz-2.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 14
  • royal-purple-purple-ice-12oz-01600-15.jpeg
    royal-purple-purple-ice-12oz-01600-15.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 14
Both of these claim 25f reduction, i assume from the "water wetter", anti corrosive and water pump lube.
Should i consider them all the same?

I head the royal purple fuel additive has a megadose of PEA, which is great. I am leaning toward their product hoping it is the same type of formulation. The instructions say one bottle, but two if you are using straight water. I am using twice the normal level of water, so one and one half bottles makes the most sense.

I just picked up 4 bottles of the Blue Devil Engine cool at Ollies for 3.99, I believe the rebate is 5.00 a bottle so I make a buck and run UP TO 25 Degrees cooler!

The ollie's here has has lucas super coolant now too.

An update on my coolant swap: the new radiator cap was defective. I added a gallon of prestone platinum after losing a lot.

Ruins my plans to finally have a single coolant to keep forever. Better luck next summer.

Last edited:
Well i started with 33%, had a boilover from the faulty cap and filled the res with a water gallon twice driving around. Then i drained a gallon and added prestone platinum concentrate because no g05 at walmart. It says compatible with g05 on the bottle and website. I hope it does not hose my car. My concentration is over 33% now. I will check with a hydrometer later.

Both of these claim 25f reduction, i assume from the "water wetter", anti corrosive and water pump lube.
Should i consider them all the same?
I always wonder how those miracle coolant additives adjust the setpoint of the thermostat.

I also wonder what it is in the water pump that needs lube and gets it from this additive.

You should consider them all bogus if you’re using them with a coolant mixture. Plain water? Sure. But not with a formulated coolant.

Well i started with 33%, had a boilover from the faulty cap and filled the res with a water gallon twice driving around. Then i drained a gallon and added prestone platinum concentrate because no g05 at walmart. It says compatible with g05 on the bottle and website. I hope it does not hose my car. My concentration is over 33% now. I will check with a hydrometer later.
If you’re getting a boil over with 33% then there’s something wrong with your system.

Actually its the purple ice. It turns a leak i never noticed into a gushing geyser.

Luckily ollies has a bunch of coolant stop leak products.

That is my final review after a whole bunch of drains and fills with this stuff. My coolant leaks bad with this stuff, not noticable without it. I have bought all new cooling system components to install when i have time so i can run the additives.

For now i am just running the coolant with no smell or drips.

Back