Best Total Vegetation Killer

Theoretically glyphosate binds to clay soils, which is why it doesn't have much action with roots. But if you had a plant growing in water (done that in my kitchen with green onion bulbs) it would probably kill via absorption through the roots.

But there's probably a point where it can't absorb any more, although it also biodegrades. I certainly wouldn't count on just dousing soil with Roundup just to sterilize the soil.
Roundup works by being absorbed through the leaves of the plant . That's why people use it to " edge " around their trees . And it doesn't hang around in the soil very long .

Roundup works by being absorbed through the leaves of the plant . That's why people use it to " edge " around their trees . And it doesn't hang around in the soil very long .
That's what Mansanto says. And maybe the original glyphosate was but there are different compounds mixed and labelled and "RoundUp"

I'm no environazi but wow, glad some of you aren't near my drinking well ground water.

I've sorta been disappointed in the results of Round Up 365. I want something that kills and plant life for eternity. I'm not concerned
about anything but flat out killing everything that is living a few areas of my driveway, side of my garage and flower gardens. I am familiar how Round Up works. Somebody told me Killzall 365 was good stuff.
I've seen this recipe
  • Horticultural vinegar (20% to 30% acidity)
  • Water
  • Dish soap
  • Garden sprayer
  • Another website has similar but adds capsaicin extract and supposedly nothing comes back after.

I've seen this recipe
  • Water
  • Dish soap
  • Garden sprayer
  • Another website has similar but adds capsaicin extract and supposedly nothing comes back after.
These vinegar/surfactants concoctions spread with rain or watering and start killing more than you intended …

I've seen this recipe
  • Water
  • Dish soap
  • Garden sprayer
I have used this recipe with meager results. Did not always take out the root system.

It works best through leaves, especially with other ingredients that improve absorption through that mechanism. However, it can be absorbed by roots, but its tendency to bind to clay soils (where it will then biodegrade) means that it's not terribly effective just dumping it in soil.

Glyphosate has an affinity to bind to soil particles and thus mostly accumulates in the top-soil layers. Processes like surface runoff, drift, and vertical transport in soil may transport it to groundwater, surface water, and water sediment.​

oh this is this original list I was looking for
The salt is something that you really want to avoid getting into the soil. It can cause cellular plasmolysis down the road to other plants.

IMG_4507.jpeg

oh this is this original list I was looking for
Arthritis rub active ingredients are methyl salicylate (major component of oil of wintergreen - and a relative of aspirin) - you can get an ointment "ung methyl sal" from chemist cheap, and Capsicain.

But the salycilates seem to be beneficial for plants...

Capsicain is probably the killer.

I want the most deadliest potent dangerous killer there is. LOL
If I gotta wear gloves up to my elbows, wrap my body in saran wrap, cover with hip waders and goggles and a Covid Mask. LOL
Schaeffers neutra, neat. Spilled some on a patch of grass three years ago and nothing grows in that spot even today.

I got my stuff. Killzall 365 (Amazon) and Pramitol (Rural King $44/gal).

Gonna mix me up a cocktail and do some annihilation! Yes, the Rural King employee
(I just go for the popcorn and Christian music) warned me about the Pramitol. It's some serious stuff.

And I thought round up was serious...

Just need to wait for a little rain and then get to work.

The instructions on Tractor Supply say to use the RoundUp first to kill everything back, then use the Pramitol as a second step so you can get it directly on the soil. Another site said you can expect up to a 5 feet die off zone next to where it is sprayed.

Back