Best "Over The Counter" Grease in Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for your suggestions on grease for the following applications that are readily available in Canada. I have been trying to track down some Schaeffers to try but that is almost impossible to get shipped down here.

Snowmobile
ATV, Automotive, General Purpose
Snowmobile/Boat Trailer Bearings
Farm Implements

Any suggestions on what you prefer and where you get it?

Where are you in Ontario? Because Amsoil's distribution center in Mississauga sells it over the counter and it's some of the best stuff I have ever used...

You can get Castrol Syntec grease at Walmart.

Partsource sells Mobil 1 grease as well. I have used the castrol syntec for some time now but I have no way of testing its effectiveness.

I was out yesterday and my local Part Source does indeed now stock the M1 Grease which wasn't there before. I also noticed the Castrol Syntec at Walmart. When comparing the price the Syntec is half the price of the M1 ($5 compared to $10), is the M1 that much better?

My dad is a mechanic has always used Moto-Master grease available in a huge tub for very cheap. He has used it in all kinds of applications without a problem. I think theirs is made by Shell (SOPUS).

Originally Posted By: JDeMunck
I was out yesterday and my local Part Source does indeed now stock the M1 Grease which wasn't there before. I also noticed the Castrol Syntec at Walmart. When comparing the price the Syntec is half the price of the M1 ($5 compared to $10), is the M1 that much better?

In my experience, yes. But it may depend on what you are using for. I've found the Syntec grease becomes hard if it's in an exposed application.

Lubrimatic, corrosion control marine grease. Good numbers & mixes with lithium base greases, $4 bucks at Home Depot or Lowes, Use on boat trailer, tractor, ATV and auto.

I've quite partial to Valvoline Durablend. I've used it on EVERYTHING. From caliper pins to the sliding glass door track. Great stuff.

Hi JDeMuinck - Jetlube is available at any Acklands-Grainger branch in Canada. Every province has branches all over. If you want jet lube info, send me a PM and I can have someone send you the whole product line brochure, and tell you how to get it.

Jet Lube is a top of the line lubricants company...opened in 1954, in Edmonton. They have offices in Houston due to the headquarters of many oil companies in that area. They are mainly known in the industrial and Oil & Gas world.

They've got tons of greases and have great anti-seizes. They've got a great Marine Grease called Marine MP. The best anti-seize (for my use) is 550, it's good for Calipers completely (pins etc...).

Petro-Canada also has a lubricants division. Let me know if you need a contact there too.

Last edited:
George - they do have the office in Edmonton, your right. That's where the stuff comes from that I get. I'm not sure if it's made in canada I can check my bottle - but it's good stuff anyways. I think it's originally a Houston company - then it opened the Canada division too in 1954.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back