Best Oil For New 06 TRD V6 Auto Tacoma Access???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally took the plunge and bought a new 06 4x4 Toy last sunday, has the V6 4.0 236HP motor, any ideas of what to run for oil in this new rig, I tow a 1,000 boat some, small loads 600 lbs or so. Been using 0-40 Mobil 1 at 10K changes in my old 88 toy 4x4 with great success for 75K miles, but warranty on this new truck will limit me to a 5-30 wt with 5K changes, now at least for the first 50K till warranty runs out. GC? EPM1? regular M1?? Thanks.

one guy on here just did a UOA with amsoil. i just did a oci using mc7500 and will be sending it off to blackstone today or tomorrow. so in a week or so you'll have 2 uoa's to look at from '05 1GR-FE's and then maybe we will have a little insight. or it could be just another boring toyota uoa with zero wear.

Isn't the question more how long to use factory fill and whether to use dino for the full 5K as breakin before 5K usual warranty OCIs?

I have an '05 V6 4x4 access cab. I had the UOA done with Amsoil ASL 5W-30. It came out very well.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003337

There is always the warranty to worry about but I decided to use GC on my latest run. I know it's a 0W-30 but I chose to take the chance. I plan on changing my oil every 6 months since I also come close to 5k miles over that interval. My warranty is only 3 years/36k miles.

Many people are using Mobil1 on this engine as well. Personally, the engine is quieter and smoother with the GC over the Amsoil.

I'd change the factory fill at 1500 miles. Run dino for a 3-4k interval and then switch to whatever syn you want.

My truck really seems to like GC, LC20, FP60 and the Amsoil EaO57. Changing the diffs and transfer case fluids to syn helped smooth out the 4WD engage and disengagements.

Judging by current best looking record holding 4000 - 5000 mile UOA posted on this board I would go with Mobil Clean 7500. This is what I'm going to put in my new 06 Tundra since I also got to do 5K or under for warranty. Link to UOA

I wonder if the mobil clean 7500 will run quieter in my engine than M1, I have noticed, and so have many others in the past, that M1 is noisy in different engines, more so than dino for sure. I am kinda thinking about the 5w-30 truck/suv, but watching the mobil clean 7500 closely also. These oils are both readily available in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back